Innovation Manager At Movit
Innovation Manager At Movit 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Job Title: Innovation Manager
Reports to: Head of Marketing
This summary role of an Innovation Manager is responsible for leading the development of the Movit Products Limited pipeline and delivering innovations aligned to the business strategy. The Innovation Manager will be responsible for understanding Movit Products Limited’s business objectives, working through consumer insights to ideate new product concepts and shepherd them, end-to-end through the product development process. The Job incumbent will conduct strategic assessments of market opportunities, track market trends, explore white spaces, validate concepts, provide input on formulation and R&D process and collaborate with marketing channel owners to bring your vision to life, on time and on budget.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Utilize and analyze current and future market trends, competitive activity and consumer preferences to develop product ideas that meet customer needs and achieve business goals.
• Build compelling business cases for new or enhanced products to get the buy-in of key internal stakeholders
• Develop a robust multi-year product development and line extension pipeline in consultation with the brand team.
• Build strong collaborative partnerships with cross-functional teams (brand, R&D, Quality Control, Production, Commercial) to successfully develop and launch new products that are rooted in consumer insights, ownable brand equity, and business value creation.
• Spearhead product formulation benchmarks/requirements, packaging design, pricing/P&L, positioning and commercial go-to-market launch plans in coordination with cross-functional teams.
• Manage and execute brand-initiated product and packaging changes.
• Develop and recommend an omni-channel pricing strategy with cross-functional partners taking into consideration sales channels, buyer segments, our desired unit economics, competitive dynamics, revenue and profitability goals.
• Create and own all project timelines, run weekly status engagements and constantly collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure projects are delivered on time in full.
• Ensure that the Supply Chain network has the necessary capacities and capabilities to support innovations, production and distribution of new products
• Provide sourcing support by exploring disruptive formats on product and packaging with suppliers. Support in vetting vendors to ensure they meet project and material requirements and brand standards.
• Identify and recommend to the brand and commercial teams new product go-to-market strategies, promotional calendars and merchandising programs to maximize impact at the product introduction stage for the first 6 months
• Support ongoing contract manufacturing strategies and initiatives to ensure timely project delivery.
• Monitor and measure performance of new product launch campaigns against preset projections at the onset of the product development process.
Working Relationship and work Environment:
● Working with the entire staff and functions in Movit Products Limited;
● Maintain good relations with key associates and company external stakeholders;
● Office based and ability to manage urgent demands;
● Ability to meet deadlines and exhibit a high degree of flexibility and versatility;
● Ability to work in a team.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree or Marketing or a related field from a recognizable university
• A professional marketing qualification like CIM will be an added advantage
• More than 5 years of marketing/innovation or new business development experience at an FMCG or CPG company with robust innovation culture.
• Proven experience in launching competitive products in the marketplace
• Proven ability to manage projects and lead cross-functional teams to develop and sell ideas internally
• Demonstrable experience in marketing and competitor research and analysis of market insights