Innovation And Competitions Lead At Africa Enterprise Challenge Fund (aecf)
Innovation And Competitions Lead At Africa Enterprise Challenge Fund (aecf) 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
The AECF provides catalytic funding in the form of repayable and non-repayable grants to businesses that would not otherwise have access to adequate financing. The AECF is part of the Alliance for Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) family and has been supported by governments (Australia, Canada, Denmark, The Netherlands, Sweden and United Kingdom), and international financial institutions (Consultative Group to Assist the Poor and IFAD).
The AECF is in the first year of the 2021-2025 refreshed strategy, The Building of Resilience.
- To operationalize the strategy, we are seeking to catalyze innovations that accelerate Africa’s path to universal access to energy, address the challenges in the agribusiness sector, and present solutions for the climate change crisis facing the globe.
- We are looking for an entrepreneurial and experienced Innovations and Program Management expert who will be responsible for stimulating an environment for innovation and entrepreneurship while providing strategic leadership in program implementation that will see AECF increase its value proposition to its partners.
- The individual will be accountable for the leadership and strategic direction and oversight of the operation, management, and delivery of the AECF innovation and competition functions. Further the individual will identify, lead, and manage innovative approaches to business challenges and work with teams across the AECF to deliver products and services that generate impact and revenue for purposes of realizing AECF’s purpose.
- Responsible for implementing strategic and special projects to support business growth, team effectiveness, and stakeholder satisfaction – including AECF Innovation Lab.
- Responsible for overseeing the incubation process for AECF Innovation Lab and the establishment of a clear rhythm of business that assures the success of supported innovations and entrepreneurs.
- The individual will ensure that insights and analysis of the environment in which the AECF currently operates and may operate in the future are brought into consideration and
- alongside investees and employees experiences, used effectively to help shape the offer to the market by AECF.
- The individual will also provide strategic leadership on the AECF competition process, tapping into his/her project management skills to support the program teams in the implementation of the inception phase for new programs.
- Responsible for overseeing the inception phase of AECF programs, leading cross-functional teams to deliver on market assessment, program validation, marketing, and competition as well as conducting due diligence leading to the development of investment decision documentsfor presentation to the investment committee and finally, contracting of companies.
- Provide leadership and oversight for all AECF competition activities, ensuring exceptional delivery to the satisfaction of all stakeholders and meeting set timelines.
- Bring to the team a strong sense of project-management rigor, leadership, organization, and communication with the ability to accommodate frequently changing strategies and decisions proactively and reactively.
- Hold a Master’s degree or an MBA in any stream.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences, Finance, or related fields.
- Have eight (8) years experience and a minimum of three (3) years in a management role in strategy development, program management, change management, or project management.
- Be an independent self-starter with the ability to handle multiple priorities and produce successful results in a fast-paced environment.
- Be an innovator who seeks and develops ideas and handles innovation projects.
- Be a creative person, an inventor, or a project manager.
- Be an enabler who creates structures and processes so that innovation can happen in organizations.
- Be a promoter, especially in the field of culture, where s/he works to persuade and disseminate the necessary knowledge of innovation.
- In the role of an enabler, s/he can also be a service provider for innovators, for example by taking care of patents or subsidies.
- Have an understanding and capacity for systems thinking, with the capacity to develop innovative policies, systems, and new eco-systems.
- Be a critical thinker: can understand the entire information available, tie it all together, and speak to it clearly and concisely.
- Have an accomplishment record of delivery in a complex environment
- Be highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present information in differing degrees of detail and form depending on the audience.