Information Technology (it) Support Specialist -kenyan National Hire At Church World Service
Information Technology (it) Support Specialist -kenyan National Hire At Church World Service 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Church World Service (CWS) was founded in 1946 and is a cooperative ministry of 37 Christian denominations and communions, providing sustainable self-help, development, disaster relief, and refugee assistance around the world. The CWS mission is to eradicate hunger and poverty and to promote peace and justice at the national and international level through collaboration with partners abroad and in the US.
This position is primarily responsible for assisting with the daily maintenance of the organization’s computer, network systems, helpdesk management and assisting individual staff with resolving computer software and hardware problems(staff support).The position requires flexibility, initiative and confidence in dealing with different types of systems and more importantly, different types of people.
This position reports directly to the IT Support Supervisor.
- Achieves and maintains a thorough knowledge and adherence to established RSC Africa, CWS/IRP,DOS/PRM and USCIS policies and procedures regarding ICT systems management for RSC Africa
- Mans the helpdesk and categorizes, prioritizes, assigns and escalates IT requests as needed
- Responds to help desk requests within the stipulated timelines, and provides first line support
- Escalates and follows helpdesk requests to other IT staff per CWS and RSC policies and standard operating procedures
- Plans for and delivers IT training to RSC staff
- Works with the IT Support Supervisor in analyzing helpdesk data to make inferences on training and technological needs
- Conducts field processing circuit ride servers preparation, deployment and remote staff support
- Collaborates with and supports the two sub office IT staff in their tasks and various projects
- Travels to remote locations for equipment and staff support
- Working with the IT Senior specialists on various tasks and projects
- When needed, covers the responsibilities of the other IT Specialists
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Supervisor or IT Management
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT related field is required; other advanced professional training in IT related field is preferred.
- 2years directly related specialized experience performing the essential duties is required.
- Two years’ experience in managing and maintaining computer networks,preferably Windows based networks, is preferred.