Information Security Specialist At Irex
Information Security Specialist At Irex 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Your Background & Skills
- Strong working knowledge of diverse IT systems and information security fundamentals.
- Working knowledge of networking concepts, vulnerability, and industry security technologies such as endpoint protection and network/device monitoring
- At least 3 years’ experience in information security, digital security principles, and safe computing practices.
- Very strong verbal, written, and listening communications skills (in English).
- Ability to work independently on assigned efforts
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as experience developing solid professional relationships.
- Broad training experience working with staff with limited technical knowledge.
- Ability to travel (pending global COVID-10 pandemic development)
- Familiar with both commercial and open-source digital security tools.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple activities.
- Existing, trust-based relationships with a wide array of stakeholders working for civil society organizations, human rights organizations, and independent media or any relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information or Computing sciences.
- Familiarity with at least one industry recognized security framework like NIST, ISO27000, CIS and/or CSO community driven SAFETAG framework.
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Russian and/or Arabic and/or French.
Your Daily Tasks
- Plan, manage and conduct organizational assessment, provide guidance, training, mentoring, and support on information security issues and topics to project beneficiaries.
- Draft Organizational Security and Risk Needs Assessment (OSRNA) report geared towards non-technical audience in mind.
- In collaboration with the Senior Technical Advisor/Project Director and/or Deputy Project Director, develop organizational action plan steamed from OSRNA findings and in consultation with beneficiary organization leadership, to help improve beneficiary security posture per organizational assessment findings.
- Lead building efforts with assigned beneficiaries’ of security awareness program, ensuring that beneficiaries learn, internalize, use, and propagate appropriate information security practices.
- Draft and update documentation, including policies, procedures, baselines, guidelines, etc.
- Write technical and programmatic reports on the activities and the program implementation
- Participate in conferences, trainings, and other events as needed.
- With supervision, provide input to internal/external reports, presentations, and other products.
- Contribute to monitoring and evaluation activities including data management and analysis if assigned.
- Draft correspondence with stakeholders. Guidance and/or approval before engaging stakeholders may be required.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
No featured Employer yet. Please check back later.