Human Resource Department Lead At Sustainet Group
Human Resource Department Lead At Sustainet Group 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Sustainet E.A. is a Non- governmental organization promoting sustainable agricultural practices in East and Horns of Africa. Our network includes 209 NGOs/CBOs from the region with a reach out of 1.5 million small-holder farmers. Sustainet E.A. Focuses on promotion of sustainable agricultural practices aimed at eradicating hunger and poverty through increasing agricultural productivity and profitability while conserving the utilization of the natural resources. Sustainet came into being as an initiative by the German Council for Sustainable Development through “programme of action 2015: Poverty reduction- a Global Responsibility”, in 2003. The project was piloted in three regions of East Africa (Kenya and Tanzania), Asia (India) and Latin America (Peru and Bolivia) www.sustainet.org. However in 2009 founding member organizations from East Africa region at an Annual General Meeting (AGM) resolved to legally register the initiative as an international NGO
The Human Resource Department Lead is overall responsible for supervising the administrative functions; and improving performance and capabilities within the department. As the company not only manages its internal HR process; however, offers HR management as a service, the Lead of this Department should also be client service oriented. With reference to the SGL growth strategy, this includes responsibility for pursuing/overseeing client acquisition and relationship management, positioning V360 as a leading business process outsourcing firm, developing/expanding service offering, and oversight of service delivery.
- SGL internal HR management – Department supervision:
- Record management
- Contract management
- Payroll management
- HR policies, procedures, templates, and systems
- Management of staff benefits
- Staff capacity building
- Recruitment/ new hire process
- Performance management
- Leave management
- Internal procedures and policy management: Revision of onboarding and recruitment processes, HR policies and other internal procedures.
- Strategy development and positioning: Analyze, develop, and strengthen departmental strategies. Related to the expansion of current service offerings and development of new ones.
- Client acquisition: Actively pursue potential clients for V360 HR services through marketing, establishment of networks and other outreach. Conduct periodical review with current clients in effort to upsell services. Effectively onboard new clients.
- Planning and financial management: Together with Finance Department and business line coordinators, develop and work towards financial projections.
- Team leadership and capacity building: Maintain internal cohesion to ensure effective implementation/management of services provided. Take lead during recruiting to structure decision making for management.
- Customer relationship management: Maintain a healthy relationship with clients to ensure V360 fully meets their service requirements and resolves any emerging service provision issues regarding HR services.
- SGL corporate strategies and plans: Actively contribute to the overall SGL business strategies, plans, budgeting, and corporate management.
- Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management
- Relevant Professional qualification Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP)
- A minimum of 7 years relevant experience in Human Resource Management
- Experience working for a regional organization.
- Proven track record of leading the delivery of HR functions to a high standard.
- Active member of Institute of Human Resource Management.
- Demonstrated experience in developing HR Policies and Procedures to ensure Legal Compliance.
- Strong command over HRMS especially the HR management Module for Leave Management, Time & Attendance, Timesheet Management, Appraisal and Payroll systems.
- Consulting experience is desirable