Hiv/aids Strategic Information And Data Use Advisor At University Of Nairobi Enterprises And Services (unes)
Hiv/aids Strategic Information And Data Use Advisor At University Of Nairobi Enterprises And Services (unes) 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and analyze public health issues relating to HIV.AIDS and their impact on public policies or scientific studies or surveys.
- Support the development and implementation of procedures, methods and strategies for analyzing and using HIV/AIDS data.
- Participate in the syntheses of laboratory based, social science and epidemiologic data to be applied toward designing effective prevention programs and practice guidelines.
- Participate with scientists and program consultants both in various aspects of the study or survey design process, including: conduct a search or review of the existing literature and data in a scientific area, and prepares and/or presents summaries for a variety of purposes, monitors internal review TWG clearances, designs questionnaires and other data collection instruments.
- Plan and carry out quality control programs and select appropriate epidemiologic methods to be used in quality control analysis and program data analysis.
- Provide capacity building and technical support to county and sub-county teams in the use of data from various Health Information Systems including the EMR and other databases.
- Using available data, provide support and guidance in the development and implementation of quality improvement plans
- Provide support to data management including data collection, collation, analysis and reporting.
- Ensure data integrity throughout the value chain while guaranteeing maximal MoH-PEPFAR data alignment.
- Support targeted data quality assessments for identified health facilities/sub-counties/counties and share findings for improvement.
- Conduct targeted county site visits to provide mentorship on all issues related to Data use, data analytics, data visualization and quality improvement.
- Network and work closely with the CASCOS, CHRIOS, SCHRIOs, SCASCOs, SCTLCs and other members of the CHMT and SCHMT.
- Provide mentorship to ensure effective data use from both the EMRs and paper-based HIS from the point of data generation.
- Provide training, mentorship and supportive supervision on quality improvement
- Provide support in the use of the NASCOP HIV data warehouse data’s EID/VL database and other; generate Operations Research (OR) questions to address key issues, and exploit these data warehouses/databases.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences, Biostatistics, Public Health, Nursing or other related disciplines.
- The applicant should have Masters in Public Health or Epidemiology or Medical Statistics.
- At least 4 years’ experience in HIV programmes at the National or County level, including experience in quality improvement and Monitoring and Evaluation of public health projects.
- Proven scientific publication experience will be an added advantage
- In-depth understanding of Kenya HIV and TB Epidemiology
- Ability to quickly turn-around program reports while ensuring utmost reporting compliance for both routine and ad hoc reports
- High computer proficiency
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional report writing skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Good analytical and presentation skills