Hiv Prevention Officer At Amref Health Africa
Hiv Prevention Officer At Amref Health Africa 2 PositionsEmploi Recruitment
Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB, Malaria and Nutrition in Tanzania since 1987. Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is funded by The U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC Tanzania, to execute a robust HIV care and treatment clinical cascade project aiming to accelerate the achievement of the current 95-95-95 goals and the HIV epidemic control in Tanzania. The project branded as Afya Kamilifu Project is implemented in Tanga and Zanzibar since October, 2018, Simiyu Region since 2020. From October 2021 this project will extend its operations to Mara Region covering facility based and community based HIV care and treatment services. Afya Kamilifu project works – in collaboration with and with guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children, Zanzibar Ministry of health and President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). That said, Amref Health Africa -Tanzania is announcing the following vacancies to be filled soon:
|Position Title:||HIV Prevention Officer|
|Work Station:||Bariadi and Musoma Sub Offices (2)|
|Reports to:||Regional Project Manager|
The focus of HIV Prevention Officer is to ensure that all facility-based HIV Prevention activities including Cervical cancer screening and treatment to all women living with HIV, Gender Based Violence, KP MAT services and PreP are implemented at the acceptable service delivery standards in the specific districts and supported facilities.
S/he will engage and work closely with providers at the facility setting including collaborating with R/CHMT, Facility in charges and HIV Prevention focal persons with technical advice and guidance from the project HIV Testing and Prevention officers. S/he will report directly to Regional Program Manager on administrative matters s and in directly to HIV Prevention Advisor for technical advice and guidance.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development of annual work plans for the implementation of HIV prevention strategies.
- To ensure the HIV prevention activities are offered at all service points (OPD, RCH,
- CTC and Methadone Assisted Therapy Unit) at project supported health facilities
- To strengthen sites capacity in implementing cervical cancer screening and treatment including referral to higher centres among all PLHIV women, as per National guidelines.
- To provide supportive supervision, mentorship, coaching, on-the-job training, off-site orientation, dissemination of guidelines and standards and scale best practices to the project supported facilities
- Ensure adequate supplies of commodities (cervical cancer screening, methadone Assisted Therapy utensils, GBV kits, Prep supplies) and other materials including tools and relevant SOPs at the project supported sites
- In collaboration with HIV Prevention Advisor, follow up with CHMT’s and respective Civil Society Organisation (CSO) to ensure that project activities are well implemented at the project supported sites and all financial obligations are met on time.
- To liaise with other project staff to ensure successful referral and proper management of all Gender Based Violence cases both at the community and Health Facilities.
- Integrate post-GBV and VAC services within the existing care and treatment services in all supported facilities include PEP, STI screening and treatment, basic psychosocial assessment and counseling, care and support, collection of forensic evidence, and referral to the police or legal systems and to other community services for GBV/VAC survivors.
- Support project supported sites in implementation of strategies to identify People Who Injects Drug (PWID) from the community for enrolment into CSO and MAT Clinic.
- Work in collaboration with other project staffs mainly community KVP and PMCTC to ensure smooth implementation of PrEP activities both at Facility and Community level.
- Support sites in achieving Prevention indicators (GBV, Cervical Cancer screening, KP MAT, and PrEP targets by conducting weekly review meetings to assess performances with development of action plans
- Assist with other programmatic and administrative duties as required for successful implementation of HIV Prevention activities at the project supported health facilities
- Work with CHMT to ensure successful transference of mentorship, technical support and support supervision to Health Care Workers at supported health facilities.
- Support Project HIV Prevention Advisor in planning, implementation and evaluation of HIV Prevention activities in the supported councils as well as Health Facilities.
- Work with M&E on program monitoring, reporting, evaluation and documentation on weekly, monthly and quarterly bases using existing National/PEPFAR tools in a timely manner.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
- Advanced Diploma or Degree in the related field of clinical and medical services, social science, counselling or psychology.
- Medical professional background with public or community health skills is an added advantage
- At least two years’ experience in implementing HIV program.
- Training in HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office packages for report writing and presentation
- Relevant interpersonal skills; ability to work with others, develop and maintain good work relationships
- Good command of English and Swahili language will be an added advantage
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Any training or previous experience with Gender Based Violence services will be an added advantage.
- Experience working with PEPFAR Funded Project.