Head, Trade Finance At Kcb Bank Kenya
Head, Trade Finance At Kcb Bank Kenya 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Reporting to the Director Corporate Banking, the holder of the position is responsible for driving the growth of the Bank’s Trade finance business through effective leadership of a team of product specialists, an innovative best in class product suite with excellent customer service while ensuring compliance with all internal controls.
The position drives trade business growth and relationship management in collaboration with industry sectors and other product houses to existing, new and prospective customers and clients.
- Develop and implement Structured Trade and Commodity Finance business strategy for KCB Bank
- Drive the growth and development of KCB’s trade finance business across the bank, both in Corporate & Retail Banking, and in consultation with subsidiary teams across the Group’s banking entities
- Deliver an innovative trade finance product and service suite to meet customer requirements and achieve business objectives
- Develop and implement strategies to grow revenue base and increase non-funded income generated through Structured Trade and Commodity Finance.
- Lead a team of trade finance product specialists in origination, maintenance, and development of customer relationships in a sustainable manner.
- Liaise with relevant internal and external stakeholders to promote efficient service delivery to KCB Bank clients
- Lead, motivate, and continuously develop a credible high performing Trade Finance team
- Manage and maintain robust monitoring, controls, business continuity, governance and risk management environment for Trade department and overall Corporate Banking Division.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- University Degree preferably in Business related field from an institution recognised by CUE. Post-graduate and/or Banking qualifications will be an added advantage.
- 8 years’ experience in structured trade finance and product management with at least over 5 years in international trade and correspondent banking
- 5 years’ experience in leading teams preferably at senior management level.
- Track record of attaining targets of business growth and profitability in structured trade finance within the banking sector.
- Have an appreciation and operating knowledge of the banking industry, regulation, market, trends as well as opportunities and challenges.
- Demonstrable innovation orientation to ensure that the Bank remains on the cutting edge in provision of Trade finance solutions.
- Demonstrable cross-cultural, relationship management skills, networking and negotiation skills.
- Sound understanding of statutory and regulatory requirements relating to Trade finance business segment
- Excellent people management skills including a strong talent development focus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
The above position is a demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment Portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Friday, 2 July 2021.
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are successful in an interview, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card
- Birth Certificate of self
- Passport Photo (White Background)
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Police Clearance Certificate (less than 5 Months old)
- Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts
- Certificates of Service from previous employers as applicable