Head Of Underwriting At Rose Avenue Group
Head Of Underwriting At Rose Avenue Group 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Rose Avenue Consulting Group is a financial management, strategy and consulting firm that combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in corporate finance, strategy and research. Together with our clients and partnering companies we address our client’s most critical issues and challenges. RACG aims to provide a globally consistent set of multidisciplinary strategic, financial and advisory services. RACG offers services across five key areas: – Financial services – Strategic advisory services – Executive search – Real estate & Industries.
Our client, a leading Motor Vehicle insurer, is looking for Head of Underwriting responsible for overseeing the underwriting department and ensuring compliance with industry best practice and regulations.
- General supervision of underwriting staff
- Management of the company’s general business book and the renewal budget
- New product development and review of existing products
- Development of an underwriting manual and update it as and when need be.
- Establishing and fostering good working relationship with intermediaries
- Preparation, management and analysis of underwriting reports
- Ensuring that all documentation in the underwriting department is correctly issued and dispatched to the intermediaries/insured/policyholders as applicable.
- Facilitating continuous training of staff and intermediaries to build capacity
- Ensuring compliance with the regulatory and other underwriting guidelines
- Management of motor certificates by ensuring proper records is maintained.
- Recommending to management effective underwriting systems and procedures for proposals and policies, drafting policies and endorsements and renewals.
- Work closely with risk department to establish procedures for surveys, initiating risk management programmes and compliance with recommendations on risk improvement.
- Ensure that new risks accepted and/or renewed with the company are vetted to meet the basic quality standards.
- Prepare the table of minimum rates as required by the commissioner of insurance and ensure it is lodged with the office
- Ensure that AKI circulars and communications from the commissioner’s office relating to underwriting functions are well attended to and responded to on time.
- Risk profiling on suspect claims to establish under writing gaps.
- Ensuring that all risks insured by the company are subjected to the pre-insurance valuations and those values and /or any findings are communicated to policyholders /intermediaries on time
- Bachelor’s Degree in Insurance, Business Administration or any related field
- Master’s Degree in relevant field will be an added advantage
- AIIK Diploma/CII Diploma or any insurance related qualification will be an added advantage
- 8-10 years’ experience in underwriting general insurance products
- Proven ability to manage, coordinate and supervise teams
- High level of integrity; Able to maintain utmost confidentiality of information in their possession
- Excellent negotiation, communication and presentation skills
- Risk management experience
- Must be competent in Planning and organizing departmental functions with a keen eye and attention to details
- Excellent Analytical/Research Skills
- Strong Leadership and skills