Head Of Payments At Ecobank Uganda
Head Of Payments At Ecobank Uganda 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
- New Payment Flows: Designing a Cash Management product strategy capable of capturing new customers, retaining and growing existing clients.
- Design efficient and accurate Cash financials and volume trend analysis.
- Lead effort to penetrate the market via Cash products.
- Responsible for delivering the Cash Management budget (Revenue and Expenses) as set every year.
- Develop and execute on strategy to Cross sell Cash management solutions to all existing customers of the bank.
- Lead the positioning of the bank to drive Cash Management for the customers.
- Leverage Alliance Partnerships to add acquire new customers for the bank.
- Innovation and Success Transfer: Create flexible and scalable products to lock in our customers and leverage digital solutions to do Payments.
- Recognize that each customer requires a level of flexibility owing to their differing Cash needs and systems – execute on a strategy to build scalable and quick to implement cash digital solutions working in partnership with technology.
- Efficient Vendor Management: product development with all cash vendors.
- Review current process of cash and cheque Payments and create digital solutions that are cheaper, convenient, less risky and value adding to our clients.
- Competitive understanding, customer need identification and development of Strategy and Tactics.
- Implementation of Product Plans which encompasses: Product Offering Definition, Development, Testing and Launch, Marketing strategies, Pricing Strategies, Training, Operations and Tech Roadmap, Pricing Models, Sales and Distribution, Delivery Channels, Metrics and Performance Management., Capacity Planning etc.
- Risk Management for the cash Products (ownership of Rate, Credit, Regulatory and Operational Risk) management though the Product Approval Program Process.
Business and Financial Performance
- Management of the Cash Management P&L.
- Manage Financials (Revenue and Expenses) for Cash Product line.
- Design and execute direct initiatives to meet revenue and balance sheet goals, and work with senior sales representatives to manage pipeline and identify new strategies for revenue growth/acceleration.
- Support the growth of local currency liabilities of the bank ensuring growth and product innovation.
- Identify and evaluate potential revenue opportunities in new and diverse markets including Public Sector and Commercial Bank.
- Ensure efficient and accurate payment product management financials, volume and trend analysis.
- Ensure Ecobank’s Electronic Banking products are positioned as a leader in the market and grow acquisitions aggressively for both product information and transaction initiation systems.
- Ensure effective delivery of Cash products to Commercial banking customers.
- Define and execute the client solution and engagement strategy:
- Drive the effective distribution of Cash products to clients through continued enhancement to the value proposition and appropriate positioning
- Maximize penetration of client wallet, including delivering against individual client segments and sub-segments.
- Partner with the sales team and geographies in originating and structuring solutions for key / high value clients, including direct client interaction on a regular basis.
- Provide client advisory and solutioning support, helping clients structure the appropriate Cash solutions.
- Maintain core client collateral (including slip-sheets, pitch books, proposal content, regulatory guides) for maximum impact and deploy tailored content.
- Commercialization of new product launches for client impact and flow of new business.
Leadership and People Management
- Inspire, motivate and guide team members.
- Foster an environment of collaboration.
- Set, monitor, provide and reinforce overall team performance feedback, including performance improvement.
- Lead end to end integration of our Payments and digital solutions with client ERP system.
- Represent the Bank at fora to promote thought leadership and encourage active industry engagement as it relates to Cash Management.
- Lead marketing and communication efforts.
- Direct regular internal training programs (e.g. for sales teams, coverage etc.)
- Direct and support the preparation and presentation of sales proposals to account prospects across the target market.
Process, Control and Operational Performance
- Lead the elimination of Manually Initiated Funds Transfers and other payments from the country through execution of a new on-boarding process where clients are connected to digital channels on day 1 (lead the cultural transformation effort).
- Manage the Cash Management channels effectively – Ecobank Omi, Bank Collect and others including vendor management.
- Inform and respond to market and regulatory change to drive product innovation and client positioning.
- Ensure compliance of Cash products with local and global regulations, and Ecobank policies.
- Follow Ecobank requirements for new product development.
- Ensure proper controls are included into all risk management tools for Cash Management products.
- Perform the assessment of Audit results as related to Payments.
- Develop a Cash Management Product Implementation & Sales plan in line with the Bank objectives.
- Becoming a key strategic partner to the Marketing function helping to influence and support acquisition across digital marketing channels.
- Oversee the implementation of innovative and tailored cash Products.
- Work jointly with the Business Heads to maximize the cash management share of wallet of the Commercial Bank customers.
- Define and deliver the Payments strategy including client events and webinars, press releases, contributions to internal and external publications.
- Work with Cluster partners to leverage synergies and execute against payment initiatives.
- Strategic partnerships with RMs, Technology, Operations, Legal, Finance, Treasury and other peer groups necessary for the successful delivery of the above accountabilities.
- External strategic partnerships.
- Support and actively develop digital propositions for the bank.
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of product development / management experience, excellent interpersonal skills, strong execution and technical skills.
- Relevant experience in a Transaction Banking business environment.
- Experience in building/training motivating and managing a team.
- Experience in interacting with and influencing key decision makers with Commercial Bank clients which fit our target market.
- Strong client focus and external orientation with the ability to understand client needs and stay abreast of macro-economic trends and contemporary finance and treasury practices.
- High strategic, consultative and solution orientation with the ability to assess client needs at a relationship level and to package the banks products in response.
- Strong working knowledge of processes and practices pertaining to treasury management including cash management, liquidity management, risk management and treasury operations as well as exposure to the different structural models within large corporates including trading hubs, in-house banks, etc.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills including a strong command of PowerPoint and public speaking.
- Exceptional relationship management skills including strong ability to manage and effectively influence multiple stakeholders.
- Good interpersonal skills with great emphasis on teamwork. Able to work effectively in cross-cultural, cross-geographical teams and maximize team efforts.
- High level of responsiveness and ability to operate with a high degree of urgency and work in a pressurized environment.
- Strong drive for results, able to plan, track and follow through to capture solutions and revenues.
- A proven track record in a cash product environment within a financial services organization.
- Understanding of Bank’s balance sheet– Financial reporting / Analysis / Product Control.
- Knowledge of cash management products.
- Knowledge of credit, risk management and KYC in respect of Commercial Bank clients.
- Forward looking strategic thinker; Creative, innovative, high energy; Strong planning and execution skills; Committed, team player.
- Strong Interpersonal and selling skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and meet tight deadlines.
- An efficient and confident communicator with strong presentation skills.
- Ability to demonstrate a strong commercial acumen and attention to detail.
- Organized and disciplined, ability to handle demands and priorities.
- Team player, Strong technical skills; Strong analytical skills; Strong communication skills; Strong planning and execution skills; Customer service orientation.