Head Of Human Resources And Administration At Shelter Afrique
Head Of Human Resources And Administration At Shelter Afrique 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Shelter Afrique is the only pan-African finance institution that exclusively supports the development of the housing and real estate sector in Africa.
To lead the strategic planning, development and implementation of human resources and administration policies, strategies, systems and processes; coordinate the procurement and maintenance of corporate assets and delivery of quality human resources and administrative services.
- Partner with and provide advice to senior management on strategies and initiatives for effective human resources management, applicable policies and procedures.
- Develop and monitor implementation of effective human resources and administrative policies and procedures.
- Regularly review the SHAF’s organizational structure, develop and implement organizational development initiatives to align with strategy and business needs.
- Plan, organize and implement programs and systems for human resources planning, recruitment, placement, performance evaluation, learning and development, compensation and benefits, and social welfare of employees.
- Develop and sustain and organisation culture that promotes high performance, cohesion and staff engagement.
- Coordinate and facilitate successful implementation of organizational change initiatives.
- Develop and implement strategies and programs for development and re-development of Shelter Afrique’s properties.
- Coordinate and supervise administrative services including outsourced management of properties, security, insurance, office premises, facilities and equipment.
- Manage the protocol relations with Ministries of Foreign Affairs in host countries to ensure Shelter Afrique maintains diplomatic benefits and privileges provided in Host Country Agreements.
- Develop work plans and budgets for the department.
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
- A minimum of Master’s degree in human resource management, Strategic Management, Business Administration, Organisational Development or related discipline;
- A Postgraduate or Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in the HR management preferably with international or regional organisations. Five (5) years should have been at a level of management level.
- Solid knowledge of contemporary human resources policies and practices including governance and board process.
- Full member of a reputable professional Human Resources Management, Administration or equivalent Institute.
- Should be fully bilingual in English and French languages.
- Must have demonstrated ability to handle departmental budgets, resources, processes, projects and relationships.
- Must demonstrate ability to handle multiple and conflicting priorities, and work under strict deadlines.
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills.
- Must be capable of functioning effectively both as a team player and a team leader.
- Should have problem solving, conflict resolution and decision-making abilities.
- Should be an effective communicator with the ability to handle both internal and external communication.
- Should demonstrate ability to identify and respond to risk areas within the department.
- Must have knowledge in use of MS office packages and Oracle ERP for Human Capital Management and Procurement.