Head Of Finance Operations At Old Mutual
Head Of Finance Operations At Old Mutual 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
- Oversee the Procurement Function
- Oversee the procurement function across the Group in East Africa
- Devise and use fruitful procurement and sourcing strategies that result in the minimization of costs and enhancement of efficiency.
- Source profitable suppliers and initiate business and organization partnerships
- Manage vendor relationships, and budgets associated with projects.
- Play an active role in Keeping costs within budget constraints for an annual period, monitor planned vs. actual costs, and report on cost efficiency.
- Supervise the negotiation with external vendors to secure advantageous terms.
- Supervise the evaluation of existing suppliers and contracts.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Supervise the maintenance of accurate and up-to-date records on suppliers.
- Manage all records relating to purchase orders and requisitions.
- Finance Operations
- Supervise all “end-to-end” finance functions and activities that concern the General Insurance (including health) and Life Assurance businesses.
- Responsible for the financial control function across the Group through other managers and their teams.
- Develops and implements the Finance Operations strategy and contributes to implementation of the overall Finance strategy in the group.
- Responsible for maintaining continuous, complete and accurate accounting records for trail and audit purposes.
- Responsible for line one Improvement of internal controls and de-risking the Finance Operations environment to minimise operational loss.
- Custodian of finance operations policies and procedures and promoting adherence to company values within the team.
- Responsible for team output and data integrity of the Finance Operations general ledgers and trial balance.
- Support business units by delivering on Finance Operations service level agreements.
- Liaison with auditors on Finance Operations matters and implementation of the management letter items.
- Robust and prudent cash flow management through establishing business cash requirements and lalson with the Treasury team to avail funding to meet business obligations.
- Development and implementation of Finance Operations MIS and dashboards to measure service delivery and team performance.
- Responsible for all payments for the group ie. client and shareholder related payments whilst ensuring that this follows laid down procedures to mitigate against delays, incorrect/wrongful pay-outs and fraudulent payments.
- Responsible for the robust expense management against the budgets and carries out variance analysis recommending measures to promote responsible business spending.
- Continuous engagement with all internal and external stakeholders such as employees, business leaders and external stakeholders to ensure that proper financial records are maintained and opportunities to enhance business relationships are leveraged.
- Maintain zero unsatisfactory audits status by putting in place sufficient mitigation action plans to minimize finance operation risks and clearance of all audit management letter items.
- Accurate and timely posting and reconciliations of General Ledger control accounts and payables controls to ensure integrity of the trial balance.
- Accurate monthly supplier reconciliations to substantiate creditors liability.
- Proactive open batch management to ensure all journals are posted before month end closure.
- Proactive management of transactions processing to ensure timely settlement of Payables transactions.
- Risk management in Finance Operations.
- Represents Finance on business projects.
- Stakeholder Management
- Closely collaborates with the Procurement team to enhance stakeholder relationships through timely payments and resolution of queries.
- Finance operations stakeholder engagement and management to ensure superior service delivery to the business and customers.
- Team Effectiveness:
- Talent growth, staff motivation, creation of appropriate culture, staff development, succession planning and mobility of staff within operations.
- Management of the Finance Operations team to create a high-performance culture.
- 10 years of insurance and investment experience, 4 years in a senior Finance role, preferably in Financial Services.
- Insurance industry experience an added advantage
- Minimum – Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, B. Com.
- MBA, master’s in strategic management an added advantage
- Professional qualification is Finance – CPA or ACCA qualified
- Strong financial, accounting and managerial skills
- Strong ability to implement and monitor internal controls
- Creative reporting capability
- Team manager and player
- Good communicator, planner and organiser
- Effective project management skills
- Strategic finance and tax planning
- Corporate and Business Reporting
- Governance, Risk and Control
- Leadership and Management
- Sustainable Management Accounting
- Ethics and Professionalism
- Generic Competencies:
- Planning and Organising
- Analytical Thinking & Risk Management
- Process Discipline and Quality Orientation
- Decision Making
- Business Acumen
- Strategic Orientation
- Result Orientation
- Developing Self/Others
- Culture sensitivity on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion