Global Monitoring, Evaluation, And Learning Advisor At Irex
Global Monitoring, Evaluation, And Learning Advisor At Irex 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
IREX seeks qualified Global Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Advisor candidates for Youth Excel, a global, cross-sectoral USAID Youth in Development Activity. This project will design and apply an approach to using implementation research to strengthen cross-sectoral positive youth development programming, help youth-led and youth-serving organizations use implementation research, and synthesize and promote findings broadly. The Global MEL Advisor will be based in Nairobi, Kenya and will oversee and implement the projects’ Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) approach, MEL plan, and learning agenda. They will manage the learning agenda, implementation and adaptation of the MEL system, and the gathering and analyzing of, and reporting on data.
Only citizens of Kenya or permanent residents authorized to work in Kenya will be considered. This position is contingent on funding.
Summary Of Responsibilities
- Oversee the project’s CLA process in collaboration with project leadership; ensure that the project’s CLA approach is applied with consistency and rigor; work with leadership team to apply project learnings to adapt implementation.
- Develop and co-lead a culture of learning across the project, engaging youth, staff, partners, and stakeholders in learning and adaptation.
- Implement and adapt the monitoring, evaluation, and learning plan across all project components including context, process, output, and outcome indicators.
- Develop, implement, and oversee monitoring activities that capture necessary data to report on project results.
- Work with team to develop MEL approaches and tools and ensure application of high-quality MEL activities and data collection.
- Strengthen partner capacity in MEL as needed.
- Ensure monitoring and evaluation activities are conducted on schedule.
- Communicate information obtained through M&E activities to project staff, consortium members, and various external stakeholders, notably donors and partners.
- Ensure data collection process is functioning in all activity locations to provide quality data within deadlines.
- Regularly review data collection processes, perform data quality assessments, and make adjustments as needed.
- Produce M&E reports for the team and donors, as needed.
- Prepare annual and quarterly performance reporting. Update project MEL Plan as appropriate
- Supervise assigned MEL staff if applicable.
- Some international travel will be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills And Qualifications
- Kenyan citizenship or residency with work authorization is required.
- A graduate degree in a relevant field, such as education, international development, non-profit management, with focus on evaluation methodologies and at least three (3) years of experience (or a bachelor’s degree with five (5) years of experience) in designing and implementing M&E and learning systems on complex USAID-funded initiatives—preferably focused on education, youth, organizational capacity building, civil society development, or research.
- Demonstrated experience in measuring impact using innovative digital tools.
- Experience in relevant technical areas, such as survey and research tool design, data collection, statistical analysis, qualitative research, and dissemination of results.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Experience on the use of M&E systems to support a learning agenda and evolve a theory of change to maximize impact.
- Demonstrated commitment to creating a learning environment in a project.
- Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages required.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans.
- Experience with data quality assessments and oversight.
- Experience managing and providing ongoing training to M&E field officers and other colleagues; excellent training and facilitation skills a plus.
- Ability to communicate professionally and provide written reporting in English is required.