General Physician At Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
General Physician At Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital 1 PositionKenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital (KUTRRH) is a leading National Referral Hospital with a 650 bed capacity and equipped with state-of-art medical amenities. The hospital is well equipped to offer Oncology, Trauma & Orthopedics, Renal among other services.
The General Physician’s job exists to coordinate and provide specialized general medical services, medical research, and training as part of a multidisciplinary clinical team for internationally acceptable patient outcomes. The position holder shall also be mandated to promote a continuous improvement approach to patient management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan for general medical services and resources in the internal medicine unit of the hospital.
- Provide specialized medical services and service delivery in the internal medicine unit of the hospital, ensuring that they meet the expected standards of quality, quantity, and compliance.
- Coordinate internal medicine referral services within and without the hospital according to the specialized medical services needs in collaboration with other hospital sections and units and within the framework of the hospital and national referral policies.
- Provide medical research and training within the internal medicine unit of the hospital as well as ensure collaboration and cooperation other clinical teams at KUTRRH.
- Offer specialized internal medical services’ advice to the hospital executive and other sections/units and the public.
- Work with other medical specialists to solve single or multiple medical issue (s) or support the performance of extensive surgery, when required in the hospital.
- Prepare and disseminate periodic reports appropriately.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Head of the Department.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBChB)/ Medical Degree)
- Master of Medicine in (Internal Medicine) from a recognized institution
- Registration with the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council (KMPDC).
- Recognition as a specialist by the KMPDC.
- A valid medical practicing license.
- Professional insurance indemnity cover.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- At least two (2) years of working experience as a General Physician in a reputable hospital.
Soft Skills Required
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Observant and compassionate
- Analytical skills
- Team player