Financials And Controls Officer At Unilever
Financials And Controls Officer At Unilever 1 PositionUnilever
Business Context and Main Purpose of the Job.
To obtain maximum yield potential, consistent deliverance of crop volume with high quality standard while ensuring good agricultural practices are well implemented at all times.
- Do business partnering with Procurement department in purchasing saving, improvement on credit terms and effective sourcing of suppliers.
- Do financial reporting on monthly basis as per Unilever Guidelines and deadlines.
- Do business partnering with Customer service and operations manager.
- Update IAS4I (now IAS 16) valuation of biological assets quarterly in line with guidelines.
- Validate all suppliers and contractors’ invoices, check if approved as per authority limits & in the with contracts and ensure posted timely into the ledger.
- Validate all supporting documentation for payments eg GRNs and LPOs and ensure approval is as per authority limits
- Verify all payments are done as per credit terms for all suppliers and contractors.
- Compile and review weekly and monthly aged analysis report and submit to Finance Manager.
- Review a monthly supplier and contractor payment plan and provide weekly update against the plan
- Manage Tea Stocks, Sales, Debtors including sundry debtors and Creditors.
- Assist the Customer service and operations manager on managing Central stores stocks and the rest ofUTTL stores.
- Ensure receivables and stocks reconciliations are done on monthly, any variance is reported and re-solved.
- Ensure monthly reconciliations are done for all Main suppliers and contractors and a Quarterly reconciliation is done for all suppliers and contractors.
- Review provisions and accruals before posting into the ledger and ensure monthly reconciliations are done.
- Validate a monthly sales forecast number ensure forecasted numbers do make sense and achievable within the month.
- Project Appraisal and building the Business cases and ensure that all projects are being approved before spending.
- Taking lead in Capex forecasting and external capex reporting.
- Build capacity among all project teams and participate in regular project, meetings to track spend updatepartners.
- Ensure UTTL internal and group controls/polices are being adhered and followed all the time eg. Fuel management policy, travel policy, medical, staff advances etc.
- Conduct trainings on best practice accounting procedures to the finance team and accounts/store clerksat factories and estates. Do a spot audit on various items and ensure compliance of the procedures/controls.
- Ensure Assets tagging and stock counting exercise are being done twice a year and reports are signed andapproved.
- Ensure capitalization of assets are being done timely and a review of AR reconciliation is performed on monthly basis.
- Authorize and release online payments.
- Provide information and explanations for internal and external auditors.
- Set targets for direct reports.
- Perform any other duty assigned by the Finance Manager
The Site Safety Operations supports the Site SHE Manager or Coordinator in managing Safety & Health improvement activities to achieve excellence at the site level. S/he works with site SHE teams to identify and implement improvement plans in order to achieve sustainable SHE excellence by reducing injuries and illnesses as measured in the core KPIs
- Support the deployment of the global/cluster SHE strategy, policy and standards in the site to achieve excellent sustainable results.
- Participate in the SHE teams responsible to deliver Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental results.
- Drive safety risk assessment and assist in implementation of appropriate controls.
- Aid the Site SHE Manager or Coordinator in leading the SHE Pillar in accordance with ManEx.
- Attain a thorough understanding of the Unilever BBS Program and support deployment in the site.
- Attain a thorough understanding of the Unilever PSM Program and support deployment in the site and support the application of Unilever guidelines and procedures for Process Safety assessment (SIMAS)
- Influence line management and drive safety leadership.
- Monitor site legal compliance and ensure the site meets all local/national regulatory requirements and Unilever standards.
- Work closely with Occupational Health personnel to identify and mitigate risks which may lead to occupational ill health.
- Assist the Site SHE Manager or Coordinator to develop and lead the internal crisis committees and safety committee; support the site leader in leading serious incident investigation and analysis.
- Conduct trend analysis from incidents, near misses, safe behaviour observations and deep compliance audits.
- Assist in delivery of training programs.
- Accountants Payable
- Fixed Asset Accountant.
- Tax and Treasury Accountant.
- Sales Operations Staff.
- All UTTL departments and units
- Experience in people management
- Better than average written and spoken communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building.
- Employee coaching and development skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in Accounting Professionals
Should “meet expectations” on the Standards of Leadership behaviors or competencies relevant to the WL of this job
- Growth Mindset
- Accountability and Responsibility
- Building Talent and Teams
- Consumer and Customer Focus
- Bias for Action
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.