Financial Controller And Accountant Wanted At Boehringer Ingelheim. Apply Here!!
Financial Controller And Accountant Wanted At Boehringer Ingelheim. Apply Here!! 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Financial Controller and Accountant at Boehringer Ingelheim
Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the pharmaceutical industry’s top 20 companies. Some 50,000 employees create value through innovation daily for the three business areas human pharmaceuticals, animal health and biopharmaceuticals. They are driven by the desire to serve mankind by improving human and animal health. Improving the health and quality of life of humans and animals is the goal of the research-driven pharmaceutical company Boehringer Ingelheim. The focus in doing so is on diseases for which no satisfactory treatment option exists to date. The company therefore concentrates on developing innovative therapies that can extend patients’ lives. In animal health, Boehringer Ingelheim stands for advanced prevention.
The Financial Controller and Accountant (FCA) provides effective and efficient support to the local management in the areas of Accounting, Planning, Reporting and Business Partnering as well as Controlling and continuous improvement projects to enable the best return on investment in the engagement with customers for the SSA Region, which contains the countries Kenya, Nigeria, Ghana, Angola and Mauritius.
The FCA implements guidance from the Regional controlling team & corporate into the country and ensures an effective and efficient execution of processes.
The FCA ensures high quality and efficient processes that enable timely reporting, effective internal control tools and application of relevant internal- and external regulations in the SSA countries.
This position has no direct reports, strong interaction with the Controlling organization and Business in the Regional office (META; Middle East, Turkey, Africa) .
- Planning cycle/budget process
- Ensures proper communication of planning, deadlines, targets and other relevant data for the budget cycle to relevant stakeholders
- Business Partnering
- Implements, aligns and executes guidance from regional controlling team on (corporate) strategies and processes
- Monthly closing/supplementary reporting
- Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Treasury, Inventory
- Maintain knowledge, and compliance with tax regulations and requirements and keep up to date with the current tax procedures and developments
- Act as a main point of contact for external auditors during year-end audit
- Responsible for overseeing compliance and adherence to corporate SOP’s, local regulations and best practices as applicable.
- 5 years of experience in Controlling incl. systems, processes and guidelines and/or Accountant positions, preferable with Auditing experience in big 5 multinational Audit Companies
- Broad overall finance knowledge incl. accounting, tax, treasury and compliance is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics or others
- Master’s degree (MBA, MSc) would be an asset
- CPA is mandatory
- Strong functional and good business know-how, business acumen, strong technical skills in systems and tools, strong process thinking, future oriented, ability to look beyond own responsibility
- Strong analytical thinking, ability to understand and work on complex controlling, business and finance related topics
- Able to balance between accuracy, efficiency and understanding “big picture”
- Strong MS Office experience with special focus on MS Excel
- SAP experience would be preferred
- English and local language skills
- Agile, flexible, learning & sharing, able to influence and impact people and to work under pressure; team player
- All building blocks of the Finance Vision
- Able to speak the “language” of the Business Partners, strong communication skills, ability to translate concepts into concrete efficient actions
- Independent acting and constant striving for improvements
Do you want to increase your chances of landing this job? Request for CV editing today!