Finance Director - Keya At G4s
Finance Director - Keya At G4s 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
About the job
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice
Reporting to Managing Director Kenya, the Finance Director coordinates the provision of effective
financial information and support services in compliance with local legislation and Company policies and
1. Ensure business compliance with Company Financial policies in respect of budget processes.
- Preparation and timeous submission of the Country’s annual budget for the Regional Office approval, conforming to defined budget guidelines and principles.
- Maintenance of expenditure within approved levels by ensuring compliance with budgetary control procedures.
2. Ensure business compliance with Company accounting and administrative practices, in conformance with legislation and generally accepted accounting practice.
- Timeous and accurate processing of decentralized accounting transactions on the G4S ERP system, maintaining accurate and detailed records with supporting source documentation.
- Management of the Accounts Receivable function, implementing effective credit control measures to ensure that cash flow is maximized.
- Preparation and timeous submission of accurate forecasts of monthly results, facilitating implementation of proactive measures to obviate unacceptable outcomes.
- Analysis and evaluation of monthly accounts, reviewing actual performance against budget, identifying trends and highlighting variances, providing accurate management information to the Managing Director.
- Implementation of cost saving initiatives
- Effective coordination of litigation, insurance and other claims.
3. Development of the business’ Finance department personnel through effective management of subordinate personnel in terms of: Performance Management, Skills Development and Career path
4. Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the branch/region/national safety plans for each year.
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Relevant Business degree in Financial Management or Accounting (postgraduate degree highly advantageous)
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
- Experience and knowledge within East Africa would be advantageous
- Over 10 years’ post qualification experience in a business and / or operational senior management position
- At least 5 years’ experience managing a Finance function, e.g. Finance Director/ Head of Finance
- Experience within a corporate entity or multinational and the relevant reporting in this environment would be advantageous
- Experience within the security, services or logistics environment would be preferred
- Experience with US GAAP would be an added advantage
- East Africa experience would be advantageous
● Financial Acumen
● Conflict Management
● Bidding and Tendering
● Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
● Knowledge and experience of ERP system(s)
● Google suite of products
Behavioral Skills - Leadership
● Shaping the market environment
● Setting strategic direction
● Creating change and innovation
● Engaging and inspiring people
● Driving superior performance
● Simplifying the complex