Finance And Administration Manager At Unabu
Finance And Administration Manager At Unabu 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
JOB DESCRIPTION: Finance and Administration Manager
Overview of the Organization
UNABU stands for Umuryango Nyarwanda w’Abagore Bafite Ubumuga, translated into English as the Rwandan Organisation of Women with disabilities. It is a non-governmental organization aiming at promoting gender equality and the removal of various barriers preventing girls and women with disabilities from fully enjoying their human rights and participating in the country’s development. The organization was established in 2004 women with various disabilities and for women with disabilities envisioning a world where “Women with disabilities enjoy equal and equitable opportunities and actively participate in the country’s development. UNABU empowers girls and women with disabilities to become agent of change, to demand their rights, and to affirm their dignity as human beings.
Since its creation the organization has been implementing projects of capacity building of local groups of women with disabilities, strengthening the voices of women with disabilities in community development and empowering individual women with disabilities in income generating activities, human right, gender and gender based violence in Rwanda.
Job Purpose Statement
UNABU seeks to hire a highly qualified, dedicated, and experienced Deputy Executive Director in Charge of Finance for financial and administrative services for UNABU and will provide strategic organizational guidance to further develop UNABU as a financially sound organization. The Deputy Executive Director in Charge of Finance will provide strategic organizational leadership in planning, supervise and or conduct all financial operations, and manage the administrative performance for UNABU. S/he will serve as key member of UNABU staff team responsible for the project’s administrative and financial management and reporting, human resources, and procurement, while ensuring compliance with UNABU’s donors’ regulations and agreements as well as local laws. Deputy Executive Director in charge of finance works closely with the Executive Director and the projects managers for fundraising
1. Key roles and Responsibilities
The Deputy Executive Director in charge of finance will work directly under the supervision of the Executive Director and work closely with project officers and other UNABU staff. S/he will be responsible for the following tasks:
1.1. Strategic Management and Leadership
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, the Deputy Executive Director in Charge of Finance will be responsible for the strategic directions of UNABU.
- Support management of the organization’s strategic plan, budget and fundraising strategy.
- Supervise and mentor senior staff to ensure quality work and accountability.
- Ensure the operationalization and adherence to all UNABU and donors’ policies and procedures.
- Create a supportive environment that fosters personal responsibility and commitment to UNABU’s goals and values.
- Direct and manage the overall operations of Rwandan Organization of Women with Disabilities.
- Oversee the financial management and be responsible for ensuring quality and integrity of the systems and policies.
- Oversee all procurement and local contracting processes and ensure compliance with the organizational Procurement and contracts policies, donors’ procurement rules and regulations
- Oversee human resource management at Rwandan Organization of Women with Disabilities supervise human resources personnel to develop and ensure that all personnel are managed in compliance with manuals and local labour laws.
- Support and oversight to the team in all program fundraising, planning, and budgeting
- Coordinate the process of preparation of financial reports to be submitted to donors and General Assembly
- Contribute effectively to the overall strategic visioning, conceptual development, planning, and monitoring of UNABU’ work.
- Ensure accurate project budgeting and expenditure projections, quarterly financial analyses (projections against actual), and the development of annual operating plan budget for approval by UNABU’s board and General assembly ;
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance team, and senior management team; assess any changes necessary.
- Update and implement all necessary policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
1.3. Human resource Administration
- Coordinate UNABU’s staff and consultant recruitment plan and process
- Organize capacity building sessions for UNABU’s members and staff in relation to finance and administration as well as various policies ;
- Coordinate in collaboration with accountant monthly payroll and other payments requests related to procurement and acquisition of services
- Ensure UNABU’s staff files are appropriately filed and updated
1.4. Internal and External Relations
- Facilitate internal processes for UNABU staff that build skills and commitment to organizational values and social justice.
- Demonstrate effective, values driven leadership to all UNABU staff.
- Foster a conducive environment that is transparent, accountable, and supportive.
- Work collaboratively with the Executive Director, Deputy Executive Director in charge of programs and projects managers on strategic decisions and leadership of UNABU.
- Represent UNABU at national processes and events in Rwanda and beyond.
- Contribute to maintaining UNABU’ good strategic relationships and partnerships at national and international level in collaboration with the Executive Director.
- The Deputy Executive Director in Charge of Administration and Finance will lead all UNABU’s operations and oversee programming. S/he will report to the Executive Director of UNABU.
- The Human resources and administration officer, accountant will report directly to the Deputy Executive Director in Charge of Administration and Finance
2. REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION
The successful candidate will demonstrate effective financial management experience in national and International NGOs as well as proven experience in accounting, administration, and procumbent. S/he should possess
- Master’s degree desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or similar field required; minimum of five (5) years of experience with national and International NGOs in financial management and administration, grants management, and contractual technical assistance services experience also highly desirable. Your application will not proceed if this criterion is not met
- Minimum of three (3) years working experience in a supervisory role related to accounting, payroll, procurement, and logistical support services;
- Work experience providing contractual and financial oversight to UK Aid and UN funded projects;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment;
- Detail-oriented, and ability to prioritize tasks and support program implementation while ensuring adherence to required policies and protocols;
- Rwandan nationals, persons with disabilities, and especially women with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Additional skill sets/experience in budgeting, forecasting, business planning, procurement, contract management, management of statutory audits and tax reporting Technical skills:
- Strong report writing skills and fluent communication skills in English as well as Kinyarwanda required
- Accounting/audit certifications highly preferred;
- Advanced Excel skills and experience with accounting software like Quickbooks required;
- Kinyarwanda, French and English language fluency (oral and written) is required.
- Computer literacy: Microsoft word, spreadsheet, power point, Internet,
- Disability and gender responsiveness
- Ability to work in a team ;
- Attention to details
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate high level of integrity, transparency, serving as a role model for others
- Good interpersonal and social collaboration ;
- Strong analytical, organization, and decision-making skills.
- Good communication skills in English, French, and Kinyarwanda.
N.B: Persons with disabilities specifically girls and women are encouraged to apply and indicate their types of disability in their motivation letter for reasonable accommodation purpose