Drivers (2) At Americares
Drivers (2) At Americares 2 PositionsEmploi Recruitment
Americares is a health-focused relief and development organization that saves lives and improves health for people affected by poverty or disaster. Each year, Americares reaches more than 90 countries, including the United States, with life-changing health programs, medicine and medical supplies. Americares is the world’s leading nonprofit provider of donated medicine and medical supplies. For more information, visit americares.org
About Community Partnerships for Respectful Care (CPRC):
The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) under the New Partnerships Initiative (NPI) has awarded to the Americares Foundation Inc. NPI is shifting the focus of USAID’s traditional partners to mentoring, capacity-building, and technical oversight, by using umbrella mechanisms and sub-awards strategically to enable new and underutilized local partners to lead development in their own communities and advance the Journey to Self-Reliance. USAID seeks to expand its network of partnerships with local organizations because they can mobilize quickly and take advantage of long-standing grassroots relationships to bring needed interventions directly to people at risk.
The Americares Community Partnerships for Respectful Care (CPRC) project is a five-year, $25 million effort under NPI to reduce mortality and morbidity among mothers and their children through improved community-based health care. Americares will work with Christian Connections for International Health (CCIH) and its local affiliates in the United Republic of Tanzania (Christian Social Services Commission-CSSC) and the Republic of Liberia to leverage the expertise and reach of local and locally established organizations, by building their institutional capacity.This new partnership will work closely with Tanzanian and Liberian communities and faith-based networks to improve access to, and demand for, high-quality, community-based health care for mothers, newborns, and children; voluntary family planning; nutrition; and respectful maternity care
TITLE: Drivers (2 posts) – Mwanza
DEPARTMENT: International Partnerships & Programs
REPORTS TO. Human Resources and Logistics Officer
LENGTH: 24-months with possibility to extend based on performance and budget
Drivers will support logistics and driving project vehicles local travel needs for CPRC project implementation teams in the project covered regions, other regions for various project related official meetings in Tanzania.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive vehicle for official travel and business as guided
- Act as primary driver to pick up, drop off, and transport Americares staff throughout project covered regions, other regions for various project related official meetings in Tanzania.
- Maintain high standard of service to both internal and external guests.
- Ensure punctuality and safe transport.
- Observing the road and traffic laws and regulations of the United Republic of Tanzania.
- Apply additional caution for safety of themselves, Americares staff, and other drivers on the road.
- Ensure that safe driving practices are adhered, including local driving codes and internally agreed standards.
- Alcohol must not be consumed or kept or stored in the vehicle whilst on duty.
- Ensure vehicle is kept clean, tidy and in good working condition at all times
- Always assist with loading and unloading of materials in vehicle, keep vehicle secured at all times.
- Ensure vehicle is given regular/day-to-day maintenance: check oil, water, battery, brakes, tyres, etc.
- Perform minor repairs and arrange for other repairs, prepare vehicle spare parts inventory
- Taking account of all available information on road conditions, accessible routes, and locations. (including current radio news on traffic conditions) to update daily
- Keep an accurate schedule of driving assignments and arrive on time for pick-ups and drop offs
- In case of accident or other incident occurs, follow Americares safety protocol and insurance policies and procedures.
- Prepare and submit vehicle monitoring report, including records of vehicle operations, maintenance, expenses, mileage, at end of each month.
- Assist the HR and Logistics Officer to ensure vehicle insurance and registration are updated according to schedule. Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, etc.
- Valid driver’s license class C with satisfactory good driving records
- Certificate of Secondary education is a must.
- At least S years of experience driving in and throughout Tanzania, and preferably in driving USAID funded projects vehicles. Experience driving manual, large sports utility vehicles or similar
- Certificate for Advanced VIP Drivers course Grade Two and Certificates for Motor Vehicle Mechanics grade 1-3 will be added advantage. Ability to adapt to last minute scheduling changes, roadblocks, and changing needs throughout the shift
- Unrestricted authorization to work in Tanzania
CORE AMERICARES RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Foster Americares values of responsiveness, results orientation, collaboration, efficiency and integrity.
- Coach, support and develop staff to increase individual and team effectiveness; and
- Develop and manage implementation of plans to increase team operating performance, including SOPs and other efficiency initiatives.