Director Research And Knowledge Management At Commission On Revenue Allocation
Director Research And Knowledge Management At Commission On Revenue Allocation 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
The Commission on Revenue Allocation (CRA), is an independent Commission set up under Article 215 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010. Its core mandate is to recommend the basis for equitable sharing of revenues raised nationally between the national and the county governments, and among the county governments. FUNCTIONS OF CRA The functions of the Commission include: 1. Recommend the basis of equitable sharing of revenue raised by national government between national and county governments. 2. Recommend the basis of equitable sharing of revenue raised by national government among county governments. 3. Recommend on matters concerning the financing of both the national government and county governments. 4. Recommend on matters concerning financial management of both national and county governments. VISION A trusted and effective adviser on equitable distribution of resources for rapid and balanced economic growth. MISSION To make recommendations on equitable sharing of revenue, financing of, and financial management for both national and county governments.
Reporting to the Commission Secretary/CEO, the job holder will be responsible for driving independent research to continually build and update the stock of knowledge needed by the Commission’s directorates responsible for implementing its constitutional mandate as envisioned in the CRA Act.
Main Duties And Responsibilities:
- Ensure preparation and execution of annual research program of the Commission. Research Programs shall have clear links with the Commission’s broader mandate and be synchronized such that research outputs are ready on time for realization of other mandates.
- Develop suites of modelling for policy simulation and forecasting, design, preparation and dissemination of analytical economic work and reporting including, macroeconomic modelling and forecasting.
- Offer support to the CRA team by contributing to policy notes, studies and reports on a wide range of issues and specifically on fiscal policies, tax spending, equity, natural resource revenue management, economic diversification, productivity and fiscal decentralization.
- Oversee the preparation of the Directorate’s budget and implementation of the financial plan for inclusion in the Commission’s budgetary cycle.
- Champion the development of internal capacity within the Commission for collection or acquisition and management of data bases relevant for discourse on devolution and fiscal decentralization.
- Seek out, establish and nurture the Commissions participation in relevant local, regional and global research network.
- Propose and manage the Commissions round of technical presentations.
- Propose and implement production of periodic publications such as journals, articles and policy briefs that are instrumental in growing and consolidating the Commission’s profile within the devolution space.
- Prepare Commission papers on topical issues, analytical findings as may be required from time to time.
- Provide leadership and management of the Research Team of the Commission.
- A PhD in either Economics or Statistics from a recognized University.
Experience, Knowledge And Skill Requirements:
- At least five (5) years’ post PhD experience in a reputable organization, preferably in a research role.
- At least (5) years of work experience in supervisory role.
- At least ten publications in refereed Journals.
- Demonstrated track record in producing user friendly written outputs.
- A good understanding of econometrics and ability to use standard econometrics software to conduct research and modeling such as STATA/SPSS, RATS and CATS.
- Knowledge and experience in development arena – Ability to understand policy making process, distil operationally relevant recommendations for stakeholders.
- Policy Dialogue Skills: Ability to identify assess and engage policy issues and play an active role in dialogue with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Lead and innovate – Develops innovative solutions, to entrench devolution.
- Demonstrable ability to build cohesive teams and to achieve goals through teamwork.
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills and result oriented and ability to work under pressure.
- Be a person of integrity and effective interpersonal skills.