Director Finance & Administration At Mombasa County
Director Finance & Administration At Mombasa County 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Mombasa County is one of the 47 Counties of Kenya. Its capital and the only city in the county is Mombasa. Initially it was one of the former Districts of Kenya but in 2013 it was reconstituted as a county, on the same boundaries. It is the smallest county in Kenya, covering an area of 229.7 km2 excluding 65 km2 of water mass. The county is situated in the South Eastern part of the former Coast Province. It borders Kilifi County to the North, Kwale County to the South West and the Indian Ocean to the East. Administratively, the county is divided into seven divisions, eighteen locations and thirty sub-locations.
Terms of Service: Three years contract renewable
Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparation of budget for the recurrent and development votes;
- Preparation of quarterly expenditure forecasts:
- Analyzing, formulating and overseeing the management of fiscal and other economic policies:
- Formulating, implementing and analyzing tax policies such as property rates, entertainment taxes and any other tax that the County is authorized to impose by an Act of Parliament;
- Monitoring Fiscal sectors and County and CGTRH reforms;
- Initiating of proposals seeking funds for additional expenditure and reallocation of voted funds during the year,
- Monitoring of expenditure and projects including programme implementation of a periodic basis and ensuring timely corrective action is taken;
- Performing any other duties assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Must be a Kenyan citizen
- Served for cumulative seven (7) years three (3) of which have been at the grade of Deputy Director Accounting, Job Group ‘Q’ and above or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service;
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting or finance option)
- A holder of a Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Business Management/Administration, Finance, Economics or Commerce from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
- Registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) in good standing.
- Attained qualifications as a Certified Public Accountant CPA (K) and registered with ICPAK will be desirable.
- A certificate in Strategic Leadership and Development Programme Course from a recognized institution is desirable;
- Any other relevant duty as may be assigned from time to time