Dialysis Nurse At Africa Healthcare Network Rwanda Ltd
Dialysis Nurse At Africa Healthcare Network Rwanda Ltd 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
POSITION: DIALYSIS NURSE
REPORTS TO: HEAD NURSE
REVISION DATE: July 2021
- The dialysis nurse is responsible for providing comprehensive clinical nursing care to patients receiving treatment at any AHN dialysis center.
- Coordinate with the head nurse/ clinical team to schedule patients in adherence to the organization’s and statutory policies
- Explain dialysis procedure to patients before treatment
- Prime dialyzer with saline or heparinized solution to prepare machine for use
- Take and record patient’s vitals (predialysis weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse rate, and respiration rate) before the dialysis process begins
- Inspect equipment settings, including pressures, conductivity, and temperature to ensure conformance to safety standards
- Monitor patients for adverse reaction and hemodialysis machine for malfunction
- Collect and prepare patient files before dialysis process begins
- Ensure sterilization of dialysis set before use, and assist patients in washing the fistula arm prior to the session
- Document the necessary patient records in Clinicea(EMR Software).
- Set the needed heparinization according to the patients’ medical situation
- Use of infection control and isolations measures as indicated at dialysis start
- Educate patient on renal diet, health maintenance and care, vascular access care, vaccination on dialysis and any other useful information relating to the procedure.
- Make referral to the Nutrition Team or the medical doctor as needed especially the new patients
- Manage common intradialytic complications e.g., hypotension, cramping
- Respond to machine alarms and emergency scenarios in a timely manner and reassure patient with concerns pertaining to the machine
- Assess patients prior to dialysis closure and ensure that the target ultrafiltration has been achieved
- RO System monitoring – checking the TDS, pH, hardness, chlorine, conductivity, outputs and rejection
- Ensure the filling of raw water tank and permeate tank every 2 hours to ensure fullness
- Immediate reporting to BME team when machine issues arise
- A registered nurse with a Higher Diploma or degree in nursing from a reputable institution.
- Experience in dialysis treatment an added advantage
- Valid license from the nursing council in Rwanda and allowed to work in country
- Excellent analytical reasoning skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Commitment to providing high quality care and excellence.
- Ability to work effectively with a team in a culturally diverse environment
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Passion for the AHN Mission
Ethical Concern Africa Healthcare Network Rwanda (AHN) is an equal opportunity employer, therefore all ethical and competent applicants from all races, gender and all ethnic backgrounds are strongly encouraged to