Design Assessment Lead At Andela
Design Assessment Lead At Andela 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
As the Design Assessment Lead, you will be responsible for building and executing an effective design screening and assessment process that meets our speed and quality requirements while maintaining a world-class experience for all potential design candidates. In this role, you will devise a process by which potential design candidates are assessed through a combination of their design skills, their knowledge of and experience with design frameworks, their soft and technical skills, a portfolio deep dive or case study review, and the completion of a rigorous design test used to validate their status as a top tier designer.
Additionally, you will collaborate with our extraordinary product management team, product design team, and engineering teams to build and implement our newly-hatched design assessment process into our existing product experience. In this role, you will be responsible for finding ways to automate our design assessment from start to finish while maintaining a positively delightful user experience. You will also work closely with our Head of Assessment to define and refine KPIs as a measure of talent quality and team success.
- 5+ years as a hiring manager with proven experience in assessing and hiring across multiple product design disciplines (eg: UX/product designers, UI designers, UX researchers, visual designers, etc).
- A degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Information Design, Graphic Design, Interactive Media and Communications, Management or a related field—preferred, but not required.
- A stunning portfolio that displays a spectrum of innovative design solutions from concept to production and problem-solving skills. Applications without portfolios will not be considered.
- An obsession with user experience, never settling for good enough, and inspiring others on your team to do the same.
- A self-starter who is highly proactive and displays a high degree of ownership. You have the ability to work across multiple projects, drive creative ideation, and bridge the knowledge gaps.
- Strong beliefs that are loosely held. You’re a good listener who collaborates well with different stakeholders. You observe and internalize all inputs and feedback to help you reach optimal decisions.
- Comfortability working with distributed teams across multiple time zones.
- The ability to act as a subject matter liaison and lead conversations with sales teams, talent matchers, product managers, product designers, engineering teams, and business stakeholders.
- A mastery in human-centered design and fluency in contemporary design tools. You have a burning desire to conduct user research with design candidates and talent network members to ensure that our assessment process is centered around the user.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Vacancies in Creative & DesignView and Apply
No featured Employer yet. Please check back later.