Deputy Executive Secretary (programmes And Projects) At East African Community
Deputy Executive Secretary (programmes And Projects) At East African Community 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
EXCITING EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (RE-ADVERTISED)
The East African Community (EAC) is the regional intergovernmental organization of the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, the Republic of Rwanda, the Republic of Burundi and Republic of South Sudan with its headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania.
The EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social and cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production, trade and investments.
This is an exciting opportunity for highly motivated and result-driven professionals who are citizens of East African Community Partner States (Rwanda, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda and South Sudan) to apply for the following position tenable at East African Science and Technology Commission (EASTECO) :
DEPUTY EXECUTIVE SECRETARY (PROGRAMMES AND PROJECTS) (1 post)
Grade : P5
Office : Office of Deputy Executive Secretary (Projects and Programmes)
Reports to : Executive Secretary
Duty Station : Kigali,Rwanda
Main Purpose of the Job:
To coordinate Programs and Projects development to ensure the effective and efficient development, of Science, Technology and Innovation in the Community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of the Deputy Executive Secretary, Projects and Programmes are as follows:
- Receive and consider reports from the Executive Secretary on the activities of the EASTECO;
- Formulate policies that shall safe guard the region from hazards that might result from research activities and application of Science and technology;
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of agreed regional Science and Technology policies;
- Establish think tanks that shall evaluate trends and forest in Science and technology and give recommendations to Partner States;
- Develop mechanisms for the identification, promotion and growth of special talents in Science and Technology with particular emphasis on the youth and gender parity;
- Promote the use and development of indigenous knowledge and technology;
- Facilitate the dissemination and internalisation of new and emerging technology;
- Promote and coordinate the public and private sector partnership in the development and application of Science and Technology;
- Promote the development of regional research centres of excellence;
- Promote the inculcation of a science and Technology Culture in the Partner States
- Establish and Coordinate implementation of Common Ethical guidelines for research and its application in the Community
- Promote Exchange and Utilisation of Scientific Information
- Support the dissemination of research and Development findings in the Partner States.
Minimum Requirements of the Job
A Master’s degree in relevant Field of Science and Technology or A Master’s Degree in, Management and Administration. Honours roll in Research and Development and other relevant qualifications related to programme development will be an added advantage.
- At least (15) years of experience of which eight (8) should be at Senior Level in a relevant field.
- Experience as a manager /Coordinator of programs
- Ability in program planning, implementation, coordination and Evaluation,
- Sound knowledge of main development partners operations and Experience in Resource Mobilisation and Finance Agreement Negotiations
Skills and Competencies:
Strong administrative and organizational skills; excellent communication skills in English and ability to work in a multi - cultural/diverse environment.
Eligibility for applications:
Only applicants from the Republics of Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda, South Sudan and United Republic of Tanzania are eligible to apply for the above position.
Terms and Conditions of Service
The successful candidate shall hold office for a term of 3 years renewable once .
This position is subject to the application of the Quota System .
The established posts offer attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
All candidates applying must have qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national accreditation body in their respective Partner State. This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
All professions that require registration with the specific professional bodies will be expected to do so in compliance with the requirements of their respective Partner States.
Relevant Working Experience
Internship, training and apprenticeship will not be considered as relevant work experience.
The EAC is an equal opportunity employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above mentioned position are advised to :
- Fill in the application form attached (download from here);
- attach their application letter, a detailed CV, Copies of certified academic certificates , and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport in PDF format scanned in one (1) file.
- Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
- For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
This position is re-advertised; however, previous applicants are invited to resubmit their applications.
Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than Friday, 11th June 2021.
1. You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
2. Applications which do not :
- have EAC application form;
- indicate nationality and age;
- have the reference number;
- or have an application letter attached;
- have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates;
- or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
3. Only qualified candidates will be contacted
4. EAC Staff Rules and Regulations preclude considerations of applicants above 55 years of age.
Please note that EAC does not require candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for interviews will be done in writing.
A due diligence will be conducted for all successful candidates in respect of their academic certificates (certification by a recognized higher education body in respective Partner States) and employment records .