Database And System Administrator At Indra
Database And System Administrator At Indra 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
We are a leading International Software Company looking for young and dynamic Database and System Administrators.
The applicants must fulfil the following requirements:
- University graduate in Computer Science/Engineering or related degree from a reputable university.
- Excellent academic performance. Only First Class or Second Class Upper Division degree holders will be considered.
- Demonstrable hands-on experience in the technologies listed below. Note that you will be expected to pass a Technical Interview.
a) Installation and administration of Database Servers (Oracle, MS SQL, Mongo DB, Postgres etc)
b) Basic Server Hardware Administration and Troubleshooting
c) SQL Programming and Performance Tuning/Optimization
d) Unix/Windows Shell Scripting/Programming
e) Operating System Administration (Windows and Linux/Unix). The candidate should be able to install, and trouble shoot OS level problems.
f) Basic programming knowledge in Java, C/C++ etc. The ideal is that the candidate should be able to perform basic trouble shooting of an application
g) Knowledge of Source Code Management (SCM) tools and Version Control (e.g. SVN, Git etc)
h) Basic Networking Administration and Troubleshooting
i) Knowledge of Virtualization technologies and their administration (e.g. MS Hypervisor, KVM, ZEN, Ovirt etc) is an added advantage
j) Knowledge of Application Containerization technologies and their administration (e.g. Docker etc) is an added advantage
k) Knowledge of Cloud technologies and their administration (e.g. Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure etc) is an added advantage
- An innovative spirit: This is a challenging technical job that requires creativity in generation of ideas and unique solutions to technical problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will be expected to participate in preparation of both Technical and End User oriented Documentation.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills and a good team player. You will often work in Teams composed of colleagues of diverse skill-sets in addition to fellow Software Developers. Good synergy with your colleagues will therefore be critical to your success.
- Readiness to be assigned to projects outside Kenya where the need arises.
All interested applicants should submit an application with a well written CV (properly structured and clearly formatted) that clearly shows your main academic qualifications, professional certifications and briefly explains the main projects you have participated in the past; and that demonstrate relevant experience.