Data Analyst At Safeboda
Data Analyst At Safeboda 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
SafeBoda is a startup on a mission to make motorcycle taxis (bodas) more safe, affordable, and convenient across Sub-Saharan Africa—while providing a more meaningful and lucrative career for drivers. And we think we have a shot to build a very valuable tech company in the process. SafeBoda is growing fast with our mobile app in terms of completed rides in Kampala, Uganda. We are venture backed with investors from Silicon Valley, UK, Africa and Asia and we have high ambitions to scale our solution rapidly across East and West Africa.
The BI & Analytics team at SafeBoda is at the heart of decision-making across the business. The team’s core focus is to provide business data and meaningful insights across all areas of the business. As well as developing self-service reports and dashboards, our Data Analysts act as thought partners to each area of the business, providing them with crucial insights and support with experimentations to determine strategy. The ideal data analyst will have had 2 – 5 years of practical experience in data visualizations, analytics, BI tools, and impact evaluation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Becoming an expert in the data model and the data needs of specific parts of the business
• Ensuring stakeholders have access to all their operational data needs and have accurate and up-to-date metrics.
• Using visualization to provide a storyboard of the learnings from historical trends, user behavior, and product insights
• Working with departments across the organization to measure the impact and efficiency of new products and business processes
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• BS/BA or higher in quantitative fields such as statistics, math, computer science, engineering, or related disciplines
• 2 – 5 years of experience as a data analyst
• Experience with writing database queries in PostgreSQL
• Ability to build dashboards and visualizations in Microsoft Power BI, Python, Tableau, Metabase, and/or Google Sheets
• Creative problem solving and critical thinking skills with a passion toward action and a get things done attitude
• Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Including the ability to communicate complex analytical insights to non-technical audiences in a clear and compelling way
• Live the SafeBoda values, represent the company in everything you do and constantly fly the flag.
• A never-ending desire to grow and learn
• Advanced knowledge of experimentation and statistical methods is a plus.
• Ability to automate data tasks using advanced programming languages like Google App Script or Python is a plus