Credit Officer – Collections At Safaricom Sacco Ltd
Credit Officer – Collections At Safaricom Sacco Ltd 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Safaricom Sacco Ltd was founded in May 2001 to provide members with the opportunity to access credit and savings to develop and improve their economic and social status. The initial membership was 222 members all from the Parent Company – Safaricom Ltd. In 2011, Safaricom Sacco Ltd revised its By-Laws to open the common bond to include Employees from related Technology Companies, Safaricom Partners, other Corporate Institutions as per mandated by the board, Diaspora, Individuals introduced by Sacco Members, Chama’s, Spouses of Members & their Children above 18 Years.
We are a dynamic Savings and Credit Co-operative Society committed to excellence and quality service. Due to our rapid growth over the years, we are seeking to recruit a competent, dynamic and ambitious professional to fill up the Credit Officer Collections position. The job holder will be expected to collect from defaulters all monies due and effectively manage delinquency to acceptable levels as per the Sacco policies.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure that all monies due to the Sacco are collected promptly including monthly deposits, shares and children account’s contribution, loan repayments and interest recoveries
- Preparation of defaulter’s schedule and forwarding to Credit Manager and committee for action.
- Instituting recovery measures for all delinquent loans and releasing available guarantee /securities.
- Preparation of management credits reports and providing technical advice to the manager.
- Ensuring timely collection of remittances and reconciliation from corporates.
- Coordinating with the debt collector on performance of accounts under his watch.
- Follow up of overdue loans and debts to ensure proper recoveries are made generating a report on monthly basis including recommendation of the same
- Negotiate payment arrangements/plans with customers who have delinquent loans.
- Prepare and send notices to guarantors who have guaranteed delinquent loans.
- Prepare CRB listing notification to members and disburse accordingly.
- Field visits to defaulters
- Financial Advisory services and education to members on savings, loan uptake and prompt loan repayment.
Minimum Qualification and Experience:
- A Degree in Commerce / Business Administration or any other related field any other related professional course will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ experience in the financial sector preferably in a micro finance, one of which must be carrying out debt collection and recoveries functions.
Key Skills & Competences:
- Willingness to learn and be flexible in the working arrangements.
- Use initiative to plan own work schedule to meet deadlines.
- Good knowledge of Excel spread sheets & MS Word.
- Good Communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as member of the team and multi-task.
- Self-driven and proactive in collection activities.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide a Certificate of good conduct less than 12 months.
Closing Date : 24th June, 2021