Country Product Manager (transaction Banking) At Standard Chartered Bank
Country Product Manager (transaction Banking) At Standard Chartered Bank 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Act as the local market expert on Cash and Trade products in defined geographies and/or segments by understanding and monitoring market and economic trends, customer needs, buyer behaviour, competitor offerings etc and to execute the agreed strategy to exploit business opportunities and to meet threats in our business.
- To translate market opportunities into new enhanced Cash and Trade products and services in order to generate profitable business for the Bank. This includes defining product features and functionality, target market, and any changes required to internal processes and service delivery.
- To establish, implement and continually review operational processes and procedures in order to maximise overall product profitability, delivery within budgeted costs and in line with agreed strategy.
- To drive new product launches and sales to ensure that products meet or exceed planned volume targets and to implement the identified strategies or tactics to gain greater throughput for our products and to grow customer liabilities and market share.
- To maintain a high level of customer contact through client calls, seminars, product and concept research etc to ensure that our processes are aligned, or modifications are made to products & services as appropriate in order to meet client requirements.
- To provide ongoing support & training to GB RMs and CMO staff and to provide technical assistance to facilitate the close of large or complex deals.
- To prepare and timeously submit robust reports on product performance, risk and conduct, to Country EXCO, ALCO, ERC, and Regional Product team.
- Migrate best practices from the Group on the electronic delivery guidelines for support and implementation.
- Ensure to remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the Bank’ efforts in combating it by adhering to the key principles in relation to:
- identifying your customer,
- knowing your customer,
- reporting suspicions,
- safeguarding records and
- not disclosing suspicions to customers.
Our Ideal Candidate
- University Degree.
- Knowledge of Cash and Trade products, their features, applications, and potential. improvements and to combine these with the ability to translate these into the local market.
- Knowledge of the local market, customers, and competitors.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization, both internally & externally.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation, and organisational skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of banking operations.
- Strong analytical skills .
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment.
- A high degree of judgment ability to handle business issues & relationships within defined policies and procedures.
- Ability to structure and deliver solutions which meet customer needs.
- Maximizing profit margins, while minimizing risk for the bank.