Control Room Operators At Jali Transport Limited (jtl)
Control Room Operators At Jali Transport Limited (jtl) 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR RECRUITMENT OF CONTROL ROOM OPERATORS
JALI Transport Limited (JTL) is a subsidiary of JALI Investment Limited. Jali Transport ltd was created to provide immediate and long term solutions to transportation needs in City of Kigali and the rest of Rwanda.
- To be the most reliable professional transport services provider in Rwanda
- To provide sustainable and most efficient transport services in Rwanda
JTL’s primary objective is to improve travel conditions for public transport users in Rwanda and more enjoyable on-board environment for the passengers. As such, our activities include;
I.Providing direct transportation services to the public such as;
- Organizing transport systems in our areas of control
- Ensuring that all areas are provided with adequate vehicles.
- Ensuring that the standard of our services adhere to the general rules and procedures governing public transport sector.
II. Providing solutions to the current public transport problems such as increased traffic congestion in the city by replacing coasters and mini buses with larger city buses.
Jali Transport limited wishes to fill the below two vacant positions with qualified, experienced, talented, capable, and dedicated individuals to join the team to make its mission and vision a reality. The positions’ details are as follows;
Position #1: Control room Operators
Number of offers: 10
Purpose of the position
The main purpose of this position of control room operator is to monitor the CCTV (Closed Circuit Television) network.
Key responsibilities of control room operators
The daily system checks;
- Camera status should be 100% functional
- Ensuring the resolution of the video is good
- CCTV operating system working (controllers and software)
- The recording and retrieval system is working
- Keep a record on the daily system in check the logbook
Live video monitoring;
Video monitoring is the primary duty of the CCTV operator, it is important that every time he/she should be monitoring the video feeds from the available cameras.
Live incident tracking;
When the incident is detected by the operator, He/she should track the other elements which may involve.
The monitoring of live events gives the supervisor the best situational information; therefore, he/she will be asked to make the prompt and appropriate response plan. While you are tracking the live incident you should do the following things;
- Track the available camera feeds to monitor the location and activities of the party who are involved.
- Report the incident location directly to the concerned superior.
- Be vigilant to further safety and security threats during the ongoing incident.
- Effective communication during live incident tracking is an important part of the incident response
Retrieving recorded images;
If the incident requires further investigation, the CCTV operator may need to retrieve the images and video for future reference.
Education level and experience
- Advanced certificate (A2) in Information technology, Networking, electronics, and telecommunication, or any other IT-related background
- Experience of not less than one year in the above fields will be an advantage
- Fluent in Kinyarwanda and English and having knowledge in French is added competence;
- The applicant should not be exceeding 30 years of age.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Ability to appraise and use IT packages and electronic communication methods.
- Tact, diplomacy, and calmness, especially when dealing with drivers and disgruntled customers.
- An analytical mind and good numeracy skills.
- Excellent geographical knowledge.
- Good people management and coordination skills.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the transport sector in Rwanda.
- Good intuition to make crucial judgment calls.
- To be able to work on their own initiative.
- To be able to prioritize work and make decisions quickly.
- To be flexible, responding to changes in situations.
- To be an excellent listener, able to analyse and interpret information.
- To remain calm when under pressure or dealing with distressed callers.
- To be able to maintain accurate records.
- To be able to work as part of a team
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered