Contracts Manager / Lead At Turner & Townsend
Contracts Manager / Lead At Turner & Townsend 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Turner & Townsend Advisory Services is a leading provider of procurement strategy, claims review & management and dispute resolution services to the built environment sectors. Using our skills, processes and knowledge we provide industry leading services to a market-leading client base. We are working on many iconic and significant projects globally on commissions where we are approached to provide claims support in quantum, delay and project management together with expert dispute services.
As part of our expansion and due to a significant pipeline of work, we are seeking to recruit an exceptional individual within our Advisory Services division in the East African Region to drive our service capability across the country.
Turner & Townsend is seeking an experienced professional to lead our team delivering Contract Administration and Claims Management for an iconic project.
You will have not less than 20 years of international experience in Contracts Management, experience in Contract Assurance, Audit Support, Claims Management, Dispute Avoidance, Dispute Resolution, and Risk Mitigation within the built environment sectors.
We are seeking an independent candidate who can work well with the existing teams and represent our business. You must be commercially astute, driven, results oriented, and a leader with the ability to provide professional claims advice for our clients with the full support of the team.
The Successful Candidate Will Have The Opportunity To
- Work with an outstanding team of specialist consultants
- Advise major clients on large scale programmes and flagship projects
- Challenge themselves in a market leading global business
- Develop and drive business relationships with an existing client base
- Supporting the management team in business operations with focussed attention to the strategic growth of our Contract Services division in line with our Vision 2025
- Uganda based.
- A sound understanding of national and international construction contracts and the relevant processes and procedures
- Extensive experience working with FIDIC suite of contracts and specifically the MDB Harmonized Edition 2010
- Wide-ranging experience of roles and positions within the construction industry including roles with clients and contractors/subcontractors
- Demonstrate a level of expertise in adjudication, arbitral, or ligation processes
- Strong commercial management experience on major projects
- Confident in a client-facing environment, with good presentational skills and natural gravitas
- Capable of conducting detailed project reviews with support from the wider team
- Solid experience of compiling audit reports for an internal and external client base
- Experience of performance forensics, whether from a quantum or delay background
- Application of robust and methodical analytical skills, with a flexible and adaptable approach to service delivery under a number of challenging scenarios
- Confident in approach, with the ability to lead claims
- Experience of providing consultancy services on live contracts and projects in distress
- A natural in business development, both internally and externally, with a track record of success
- Advanced Degree in construction or legal related discipline or similar
- Minimum 20 years’ experience in the handling and management of claims and disputes on major projects at an international level
- Professional accreditation and membership of industry leading and internationally recognised institute(s)
- African experience a must, ideally within East Africa
- Experience on high dollar value contracts
- The ability to share examples of specific areas of contract they were successful in arguing in arbitration or court
- Experience in FIDIC, JBC and bespoke contracts
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Vacancies in ProcurementView and Apply
No featured Employer yet. Please check back later.