Community Development Worker At Sos Children’s Villages
Community Development Worker At Sos Children’s Villages 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Key Functions of the Job
The Community Development Worker will undertake various duties which include but not limited to the following:-
- Support Family Strengthening Program
- Responsible for all Target Group assessments and selection of beneficiaries into the program
- Facilitate Open communications within the Family Support Team and other departments
- Facilitate the educational development of children in the target group
- Facilitate and ensure the effectiveness of local child protection structures such as Child Protection Volunteers, Lay Volunteer Counsellors, Community Health Workers and Local Area Advisory Councils
- Establish links and develop networks with NGOs, CBOs, donors GOK departments and community
- Any other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications / Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences / community development / child psychology or related disciplines.
- Knowledge in data collection, analysis and knowledge management
- Good knowledge in Project Planning and Management
- At least 3 years progressive experience working with vulnerable populations [children, youth, women] and community groups.
- Previous experience in child -focused organizations working with children on care, protection and advocacy will be an added advantage.
- Strong analytical ability as well as excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Kiswahili is preferred.
- Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral skills in English and Kiswahili
- Strong report writing skills
Increase your chances of landing this job! Check the strength of your CV HERE.