Chief Programs Manager (regional) At International Cancer Institute (ici)
Chief Programs Manager (regional) At International Cancer Institute (ici) 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Program Management (Overall)
- Manage and assist in the implementation of the ICI strategic plan (& core partner programs) and its access to cancer care programs, scientific research and educational/training agenda. Monitor and report on its progress to ICI leadership and the MOHs, SSA Region.
- Represent the ICI with external constituency groups, including community, government and private organizations, to foster and develop collaborative partnerships required for the execution of the strategic plan.
- Support ICI partner members in identifying and seeking grant support and funding opportunities that align with the ICI strategic plan. Provide project management support for the development of competitive research applications and grant proposals.
- Support ICI partner members in their research, educational, policy development projects and activities.
- Consult with and advise senior leadership on the development and implementation of
- internal policies, procedures and guidelines, to optimize efficiency and consistency within the Program.
- Manage the development of an ICI communications strategy, including key messages, media strategy, website, presentations, and collateral materials, and work to ensure consistent communication internally and externally. Liaise with ICI’s Communications department, as required.
- •Undertake additional duties as required, in support of the ICI strategic plan.
Finance, Clinical and Research Operations Management:
- Support the CEO in the planning, development and management of a sustainable funding model for the ICI Programs and Projects in SSA Region & ICI Main Campus.
- Provide advanced financial analysis to aid in the monitoring of the budget objectives and progress. Review and present annual operational budgets to ICI leadership and regularly review and be accountable for budget management for the SSA Region Programs.
- Manage the day-to-day financial operations for the ICI’s partner supported programs and projects. Provide senior management with all necessary financial information required for strategic planning purposes.
- Review financial policies, internal controls and systems, and recommend changes to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Manage and facilitate risk management, security, insurance, and other activities, including drafting and/or reviewing letters of agreement, leases, and major vendor contracts, etc.
- Assist with the identification of opportunities, alignment of priorities, and advancement of private support, through individual, corporate, and foundation prospects, in collaboration with the ICI’s Office of Community Outreach and MOH, SSA Region.
- Collaborate with ICI and appropriate ICI’s Offices and Departments to facilitate partnerships and review agreements, as required. Ensure proper compliance, management or oversight of partnerships and obligations under executed agreements, receiving guidance from appropriate ICI’s Offices and departments as required.
Human Resources Management:
- Assess, develop and project workforce needs to support a dynamic Integrated Community Outreach program.
- Oversee the program’s recruitment, retention, and performance management processes for staff. Lead a team of staff, monitoring progress to ensure deliverables are met.
- Plans, prioritizes and manages the work of employees, providing strategic and tactical advice, guidance and coaching. Identifies the need for staff resources, participates on staffing committees, and makes effective recommendations regarding employee selection and performance
- Investigates, addresses and resolves employee/labor relations issues, including making decisions regarding disciplinary and discharge matters.
- University degree in health sciences or related field. A Master’s degree in Science, Public Health, Business Administration or related field is considered an asset.
- Minimum five years of experience in a global health (oncology preferred) Outreach and/or research environment with project management, high level research administration and financial management experience.
- Demonstrated management experience in international settings along with strategy development, partnership development, and staff management experience.
- Commitment to and interest in working in Kenya and with interest in global health/Oncology initiatives.
- Consideration may be given to an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong leadership skills and presence.
- Project management experience and ability to promote and work within a cross-cultural, diverse and international team environment.
- Excellent judgment and impeccable personal integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (both verbal and written) to interact with a diverse group of individuals, in a professional manner and to provide clear and accurate information.
- Superior writing and oral presentation skills and the ability to effectively communicate in technical and non-technical language.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills. Ability to multi-task and manage several projects in parallel, with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to establish priorities to work efficiently and effectively on own initiative under pressure of deadlines in an environment with frequent interruptions and multiple demands.
- Ability to be proactive in identifying issues and hurdles that may impair the effective implementation of Clinical care, education/training programs and research and resolve the issues in a timely fashion
- Commitment to maintaining a high-performance organization that can execute and deliver, on time and within budget.
- Familiarity with bookkeeping/accounting practices and ability to synthesize and organize financial information.
- Assist in determining ICI’s SSA Region Program plan based on the ICI’s overall implementation plan and makes recommendations and develops implementation strategies for the full establishment of the ICI_SSA Region_MOHs Collaborative Program.
- Make daily operations decisions and resolve administrative problems within guidelines, making recommendations for action, identifying potential risks and benefits and determine options or a range of solutions to problems.
- Research and identify best-practices and quality standards for the program. Make recommendations for standards, policies and procedures, in order to improve internal controls and eliminate redundant procedures based on ICI’s goals and objectives.
- Strategic development and implementation of initiatives in conjunction with the ICI’s senior leadership.
- Prioritize time and resources use to coordinate workflow on projects.
- Makes decisions and/or effective recommendations regarding transfers and promotions.
- Evaluates employee performance and decides on appropriate training or coaching to address lack of proficiency in carrying out responsibilities, or remedial action for staff disciplinary situations.
- Assesses investigation outcome of grievances and makes effective recommendations on appropriate course of action or next steps on grievances and discipline up to discharge and probationary termination.
Vacancies in Project / Programme ManagementView and Apply
No featured Employer yet. Please check back later.