Cervical Cancer Prevention Field Officer (ccpfo) At Thps
Cervical Cancer Prevention Field Officer (ccpfo) At Thps 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Position Title: Cervical Cancer Prevention Field Officer (CCPFO)
Reports to: Regional Manager
Purpose and Scope of Job:
The Cervical Cancer Prevention Field Officer will assist the THPS Cervical Cancer Prevention unit in overseeing the planning, implementation and monitoring the MoHCDGEC and CDC cervical cancer prevention program in Pwani region and ensure that the program achieves its goals in all THPS supported health facilities. The Cervical Cancer Prevention Field Officer will work with the THPS program teams to ensure that the program follows national protocols and standards. S/he is expected to cover extensive travel to all THPS supported facilities within the region.
Duties and responsibilities
- Liaise closely with the Regional and District health authorities in implementation of the cervical cancer screening program in the region.
- Build working relationship and provide technical support to Pwani Regional and Council Health Management Teams (RHMT and CHMTs) in planning, coordination and supervision of cervical cancer screening activities in the region.
- Build capacity of the health facility staff to ensure the necessary equipment and supplies including C02 and 5% vinegar are available.
- Orient PEs and auxiliary staff on cervical cancer screening in order to mobilize women.
- Work with available community support structures/authorities to mobilize and sensitize the communities in the region to participate in the program.
- Organize and facilitate training of health care providers on cervical cancer screening and cryotherapy.
- Organize stake holder’s meetings/joint supportive supervision biannually.
- Organize and coordinate outreach services to needy communities to reach the desired prevention goal of cervical cancer
- Explore the integration of cervical cancer screening in postpartum care,
- Family planning, PMTCT, HT, CTC STI services and outreach services.
- Work with other programs within THPS such as PMTCT, HTS/EID, CTC and APSC to mobilize and sensitize clients and integrate the cervical screening and treatment services within the existing programs.
- Supervise and mentor health care workers at sites in implementing the program.
- Track and document lessons leant and best practices during the implementation of the program.
- Build the capacity of service providers in documentation, data collection and analysis
- Provide reports to regional team leader/coordinator, regularly at required intervals
- Ensure DHIS data of all supported sites and outreach sites reports monthly timely in collaboration with DRCHCOs and DHIS focal persons within the districts and RRCHCo and RHIMs
- Carry out other relevant tasks as assigned by supervisor
- To prepare weekly, monthly progress reports, budgets, and work plans, particularly those pertaining to CCP
- Provide data and a summary report on a timely basis for preparation of quarterly reports.
- Travel to the sites to oversee program implementation
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience
- Medical Officer, Assistant Medical Officer, or Nursing at graduate or Advanced diploma level.
- At least two years’ experience in cervical cancer screening.
- Experience in LEEP services, VIA TOT, CCS, HTS and PMTCT-EID program is added advantage
- Experience in community sensitization and mobilization
- Experience in data management, monitoring and supervision
- Strong communication and team building skills
- Ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills
- A good understanding of public functions and operations in government and/or NGO services.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Kiswahili
- Good intellectual and human skill capacity to engage and work with individuals with different characters