Business Development Manager At Bamburi Cement Ltd
Business Development Manager At Bamburi Cement Ltd 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Bamburi Cement is East Africa’s leading cement company with a long and sound history of providing quality innovative construction solutions while being sustainable in its operations.
we are committed to shaping a greener, smarter and healthier world.
Geocycle Kenya is looking to employ a Business Development Manager. The role reports to Geocycle and Business Projects Director and requires frequent and extensive travel within the country.
The opportunity at a glance
This position is responsible for our implementation and management of our alternative fuels and raw materials sourcing strategies for our operations. The job holder will work within a diverse environment to engage with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders to drive our circular economy goals and create value for our planet.
The job holder will help us reduce our dependency on natural resources and fossil fuels by transforming waste into resources for all our production processes. This will bring more value to the environment and society through sustainable solutions to waste – while reducing waste dumping, land filling and incineration; thereby creating more local employment opportunities (among others in waste collection, waste segregation and treatment).
- Identify opportunities to increase sources of alternative fuels and alternative raw materials within Kenya by anticipating and developing new business streams to meet our commitments through continuous market assessments, market intelligence, field visits and sales closure.
- Sourcing for Alternative Fuels and Alternative Raw Materials.
- Liaising, developing and building close business relationships with stakeholders such as Waste Producers, Manufacturers, County Governments, and NEMA, other Industry and environment bodies and Waste Management Organizations in Kenya and participate in events related to Alternative Fuel
and Raw Materials usage.
- Ensure that our circular economy partners are fully compliant with applicable legalization and our company standards and procedures.
- Prepare and manage commercial offers and tenders for alternative fuels and raw materials
- Manage contracts and supply of alternative fuels and raw materials in line with contract terms and business needs
- Effectively communicate to ensure that Industrial requirement are met, and any issue are resolved in a timely manner.
- Build up and maintain the knowhow on legal requirements and restrictions about waste management and any other regulation influencing waste pretreatment and co-processing in cooperation with the Legal department.
- You will contribute to ensuring that Bamburi Cement achieves its goal of Zero Waste through:
- Delivering on annual targets and KPIs as assigned by the Geocycle & Business Projects Director
- Delivering Gross Added Value
- Contributing towards Thermal Substitution Rate (TSR) of the country
- Minimize waste and maximize co-processing
- Zero fatalities
- Zero regulatory safety non-compliance incidents
This job may be for you if you have:
- A degree preferably in Business, Engineering or Environmental Discipline
- Experience: 3-5 years’ experience in Business Development, Marketing Sales, Cement Manufacturing and/or Waste Management.
- Very good understanding of the waste market and associated legal framework developments
- An entrepreneurial mindset, and drive to exploit developments in a fast moving and dynamic sector
- Strong appreciation of commercial developments in waste collection & transportation, treatment, recovery and disposal technologies and cement manufacturing
- Have more than 5 years driving experience.
- The ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and sponsor new approaches and technology to promote efficiency
Do you have the drive, the skills, and the passion to join us?