Business Development Associate – Jumiapay At Jumia
Business Development Associate – Jumiapay At Jumia 1 PositionJumia
JUMIA is an e-commerce startup with an aim to mimic Amazon’s success by delivering a wide range of items, from toys to generators across the African continent. Shortly after the startup of the business in Nigeria, JUMIA launched warehouses in four other growing countries which include: Egypt, Morocco, Kenya and Cote d’Ivoire.
About the role
The Business Development Associate role is a unique opportunity to help drive our efforts to improve customer satisfaction in our financial services products.
This is a critical role as it is directly linked to business growth and improved customer experience which leads to customer loyalty and retention. This role calls for a rare combination of creative, proactive, out of the box and agile thinking, payment industry knowledge & interpersonal ability to manage relationships, issues and topics with customers and with all teams across the organisation.
Your primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- You will work closely with the multiple onsite teams (CS, Fraud, Finance and Marketing), Product, as well as Central Operations to create the best in class customer experience and business growth.
- You will work closely with third party partners and banks relied upon to process payments to facilitate the local operations relationship with third party payment and product partners, advocating for customer growth, experience and applying operational improvements.
- You will be involved in leading strategic projects to lead the business growth, improve the performance and the customer experience of financial services products.
- You will support troubleshooting complex merchants(Jumia mall, Jumia On demand services and JumiaPay app) to deliver the best payment experience possible.
This role will give you the opportunity to
- Have an Impact – You’ll identify and automate manual processes that make our merchants’ lives complicated, while improving the efficiency of the whole operations organization.
- Challenge Yourself – You’ll be working with teams that face big challenges. You get the chance to make things happen instead of wondering why things happened.
- Work Globally – You’ll work closely with internal and external partners and help to figure out ways to make our merchants’ lives better.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- You need to have at least a Bachelor’s degree or at least 3 years of work experience in a fast-paced startup preferably in the financial services and/or e-commerce industries
- We rely on data for decision making. Technically speaking, you’re proficient in using excel for moderate data crunching and analysis.
- Previous experience in a marketing, business development and/or operations role in a tech startup or financial services industry is a plus.
- You’re proactive, experienced at working closely with external partners as well as product development teams and are a true go-getter.
- Be comfortable using technology for communication or be able to master new systems quickly. Some of the systems we would require you to use are powerbi, G-Suite, salesforce, slack, confluence, jira amongst others.
- You have a high level of attention to detail and agility
- You have excellent written and oral English skills.
- A unique opportunity in implementing and executing new ideas for a thriving e-commerce business
- The opportunity to work with professional and dynamic teams in and outside your local country
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation