Baker At Kenya Red Cross Society
Baker At Kenya Red Cross Society 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Kenya Red Cross is one of the many International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement societies around the world. The Kenya organisation was established in 1965, The Kenya Red Cross supports and runs a number of projects whilst raising awareness to the Kenyan public about the current issues or problems which may affect them.
BIHC (Boma International Hospitality College) was established in 2015 to address an increasing gap in the provision of qualified staff within the hospitality industry in Kenya and regionally. In 2016, BIHC partnered with the Business and Hotel Management School (BHMS), a world-class hospitality school in Luzern, Switzerland. This partnership paved the way for a dynamic educational and training approach that allows the undergraduate students to complete their 2-year diplomas in Hotel Management or Culinary Arts at our campus in Nairobi and their final bachelor year at BHMS in Switzerland.
The BIHC curriculum maintains a strong emphasis on Swiss educational traditions of balancing theoretical and practical training and this has made BIHC graduates the preferred candidates in the job market because from the onset, they perform beyond their employers’ expectations, thus saving employers, the time and money that is usually spent to train new employees. Our campus is located within the Boma Hotels complex and with an increase in demand for quality education throughout Africa, we take pride in offering world-class training and student life in a 5-star hotel environment.
BIHC is fully owned by the Kenya Red Cross Society (KRCS)
Position Title: Baker
Reporting to: Head of Culinary Arts
Job Location: Nairobi
As a Baker, you will be responsible for preparation and production of different types of bread, buns and a wide range of pastries, like cookies, cakes and pies. You will also monitor and adhere to procedures and standards that will support in achieving consistent and high quality products in the most efficient manner. Ultimately, you will ensure we offer fresh and delicious products to our clients.
- Open the bakery at the prescribed time
- Clean kitchen equipment and tools before use
- Weigh flour and other ingredients to prepare dough
- Bake different bread types, like pretzels, baguettes and multigrain breads
- Adjust oven temperatures to ensure proper baking
- Mix various ingredients to create fillings for cakes and pies (e.g. chocolate ganache, caramel sauce and fruits)
- Decorate cakes with glazes, icings, buttercream and edible toppings, like flowers & other creative techniques
- Shape dough to prepare different types of pastries, including croissants, cookies and sweet rolls
- Prepare custom-made pastries based on customers’ preferences (e.g. birthday or Graduation cakes)
- Recommend recipes to renew our menu and attract more customers (e.g. gluten-free or vegan desserts)
- Track food supplies and place orders, as needed
- Train Culinary and Pastry students on practical skills within the bakery
- Any other duties assigned by management
Key Skills And Competences
- Familiarity with all professional kitchen equipment, including mixers, blenders and dough sheeters
- Understanding of food safety practices
- Experience with cake decoration techniques
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to remain calm and focused in a fast-paced environment
- Team spirit, with a customer-focused attitude
- Flexibility to work in different shifts
- Commitment to continuous professional development
- Excellent leadership and management skills
Education and Experience:
- A deep understanding of commitment to and involvement in hospitality Industry
- Diploma in Pastry and baking or equivalent qualification
- 3-5 years’ Experience as a Baker, Pastry Chef or similar role
- Certification from a culinary school is a plus
Vacancies in NGO, Community & Social DevtView and Apply
No featured Employer yet. Please check back later.