Assistant Ii – Credit (loans) At Jamii Sacco
Assistant Ii – Credit (loans) At Jamii Sacco 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Jamii Sacco is a savings and credit society: it was registered in 1972. Our offices are at Mariakani South B along Mukenia Road. The Membership is open to all traverses in the whole of Kenya.
REF. JSS/HR- A-II – C(L)/2021
The job holder is responsible for providing support to the loans function by appraising loans and monitoring timely payments
FUNCTIONS / KEY RESULTS EXPECTED
The job holder is responsible for;
- To meet with applicants to obtain and compile copies of loan applicants’ credit histories, financial statements, and other financial information for loan processing.
- To appraise and advise members on loan eligibility.
- To analyze applicants’ financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine member’s financial status.
- To review loan applications to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to the policy.
- To coordinate the loan processing and advising members on loan approval status.
- To ensure compliance of loan procedures as per SASRA and other legal requirements.
- To give financial advice and information to potential clients.
- To generate periodical loan reports.
- To advise members on the status of their loan applications
- To appraise loans and explain reasons for rejection if any and the same to be forwarded to the Credit Committee for direction.
- To ensure that members whose loan applications have been deferred or rejected from loan office for not conforming to the loans policy are promptly advised.
- To ensure efficient and prompt recovery of any interested accrued.
- To maintain confidentiality of members loans and information
IMPACT OF RESULTS
Overall smooth flow of the entire credit process by ensuring compliance to the Sacco’s Credit Policy.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum two (2) years relevant work experience in Credit (Loans Management)
- Computer Literacy e. Experience in a Sacco/Financial institution will be an added advantage
- Organizational abilities and time management skills
- Good interpersonal skills and high level of integrity
- Demonstrates team work and problem solving ability
- Diploma in Cooperative Management, Accounting/Finance or Equivalent from a recognized institution
- CPA – I will be an added advantage
- Good communication skills; both written and verbal
- Dynamic, energetic individual with good interpersonal skills
- Planning & Organizing
- Entrepreneurial Awareness
- Decisiveness and adaptability
OTHER REQUIREMENTS AS PER CHAPTER SIX OF THE KENYAN CONSTITUTION
- You should attach the following certificates:
- Police clearance certificate (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Tax compliance certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
- Clearance certificate from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
- Clearance certificate from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)