Assistant Grant Officer At Amref Health Africa
Assistant Grant Officer At Amref Health Africa 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB, Malaria and Nutrition in Tanzania since 1987. Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is funded by The U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC Tanzania, to execute a robust HIV care and treatment clinical cascade project aiming to accelerate the achievement of the current 95-95-95 goals and the HIV epidemic control in Tanzania. The project branded as Afya Kamilifu Project is implemented in Tanga and Zanzibar since October, 2018, Simiyu Region since 2020. From October 2021 this project will extend its operations to Mara Region covering facility based and community based HIV care and treatment services. Afya Kamilifu project works – in collaboration with and with guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children, Zanzibar Ministry of health and President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). That said, Amref Health Africa -Tanzania is announcing the following vacancies to be filled soon:
Position: Assistant Grant Officer (1)
Work Station: : Mara
Reports to: Regional Project Managers
Maintains Sub Grantees’ financial, accounting functions in order to meet the needs of the organization and the donor. S/he prepares financial statements, maintaining cash controls, providing financial reporting and analysis in support of the project. Support’s both Amref staff and subs grantees financial and budgeting, compliance and reporting functions.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Financial control and accounting, includes, keeping the accounting system for tracking of expenses up-to-date; collecting and prepare invoices and Cash Transfer Requests for payment, post in accounting system, and process in the accounting/bank system; preparing monthly finance reports, including budget vs actuals of the sub grantees portfolio assigned; ensuringfinancial procedures for the Afya Kamilifu Project are kept updated under the guidance of Grants, Contracts and Compliance Specialist for local payments, cash management and general accounting. Preparing accurate and timely financial reports to donors as required, reviewing invoices and provide account codes, when appropriate, for proper project accounting and working on cash flow forecasts for project.
- Sub Grantees Direct payments and payroll processing; this includes maintaining updated sub grantees employment contracts, and tracking all changes which occurs over a time of the project life, tracking and maintain all the records of the payments processed directly by Amref Tanzania and accounts for compliance and adherence of donor and all necessary local policies, to manage and update all contractual engagements relating to benefits and statutory contributions and deductions, managing the sub grantee’s payroll and maintaining and updating all extra duty/allowances paid by Amref Tanzania
- Compliance and Auditing, specific responsibilities includes, ensure compliance of grants with CDC/procedures and donor rules/regulations, including all applicable policies and procedures, visit Sub grantees (Districts, FBOs, CSOs) in order to support financial management of grant-funded projects, conduct periodic compliance review of grant-funded projects, to support required audits as need arise and advice or recommend the execution of audit as per requirement and planning and executing compliance review to other sub grantees as per Amref SOPs
- Grants and Contracts Management, this include to perform grant-related pre and post-award functions, including budget and expense analysis, periodic invoicing, financial reporting, labor distribution changes, reconciliations, re-budgeting and grant closeout functions as required. Maintaining and updating all sub grantees information, making sure that every sub grantee is having active contracts, sufficient funds for project implementations, active and signed sub agreements and sub grantees maintains project files and other Duties as deem necessary and assigned
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
- The candidate must hold Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting,
- At least 2 years work experience in the related field and Experience working with donor funded projects.
- High level of integrity
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cash flow forecasting and cost control. Skills in analyzing financial data and prepare financial reports.
- Strong analytical skills in applying accounting principles of accounting and ensure that best practices are observed.
- Knowledge of Federal Government and State financial regulations preferably CDC and USAID financial rules and regulations
- Experience working with Local Government Authorities and PEPFAR funded project