Assistant Communications Officer (digital Inclusion) At The Unhcr,
Assistant Communications Officer (digital Inclusion) At The Unhcr, 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
About the job
Duties And Qualifications
- Design of reports (print and online). Under the research pillar of the programme a number of reports are produced that cover issues relating to various thematics. The consultant will build out these reports based on existing report templates, when available. The consultant should be able to bring a systematic design approach to each report, and determining modes to make each stand-out while fitting broadly into existing UNHCR brand guidelines, and the general direction of Services strategic design team.
- Web content. The consultant will be expected to support the programme team in enhancing its web presence, alongside the Innovation Service strategic communications and design team, developing rich and engaging content for web, delivered through the Innovation Service website and other web portals as applicable. Many aspects relating to the Capacity Building pillar of the programme such as support documents, templates and `how to¿ guides will be delivered through the web.
- Video and dynamic media. In order to communicate about the operational activities being delivered as part of the programme, the Service seeks to leverage using text, photo and video as channels for delivery. Specifically, the consultant will be responsible for structuring and organising relevant content from field teams, and developing products leveraging such media, specifically video, for dissemination.
- Developing communication narratives. Support the programme in developing communication narratives compelling for determined target audiences including developing stories of programme impact, using storytelling/storyboarding techniques as applicable. As well as the product development outlined below, this will include drafting of written content (digital and print) as necessary to support key communications narratives.
- Any other duties as required. As part of a dynamic team and a continuously evolving programme new demands may come in, including at last minute that need to be met. The Communications Consultant may have other duties required that fall beyond the core scope of duties outlined above.
Undergraduate degree or equivalent i.e diploma (essential) or Advanced degree (desired) in Communications, Graphic Design, Filmmaking or a related field.
Minimum 1 year experience, 3 desired, in designing and developing original communications materials;
A strong portfolio of original work that spans document design, audio, video, written content.
Comprehensive experience working with key design tools, specifically Adobe Creative Cloud and associated products, specifically InDesign, Illustrator and Premiere Pro (used by UNHCR);
Specific experience in design and development of reports based existing brand guidelines / style guides
Experience in editing video specifically for Social Media an advantage
Experience with WordPress content management system an advantage
Experience of creating products related to humanitarian aid and development issues desired, experience working on refugee or digital inclusion issues a distinct advantage
Experience remotely working with operations to document practices;
Demonstrable experience of collating good practices and lessons learned across a range of contexts;
Excellent knowledge of English (both written and spoken) essential;
Demonstrable experience of managing creative projects with various stakeholders who have differing and sometimes conflicting agendas;
A versatile and skilled designer with demonstrated experience in quickly visualising complex and/or technical concepts simply;
Comprehensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud essential;
Comprehensive knowledge of transforming and formatting of MS Word and Google Docs in Adobe InDesign environment;
Highly organized and autonomous, able to multitask and prioritize workload when necessary;
Strong time management skills, including the ability to work quickly, and to be able to prioritise and communicate the priorities effectively, and to meet deadlines;
Ability to work as a team, and demonstrates excellent listening skills, including working remotely; and
Strong interpersonal skills, including across cultural contexts.
Please also note that English is essential for this Job Opening.
Diversity and inclusion are important values at the core of the UNHCR Innovation Service. We therefore encourage candidates from all backgrounds and contexts to apply for this role. Understanding that people come from different types of backgrounds, we¿re open-minded to different types of professional experience that differ from what may be traditionally considered. As such, we¿d ask you to focus on your skills, enthusiasm and creativity in your cover letter.
The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, gender, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
From 01 July 2021 to 31 December 2021 ( with possibility of extension)