Accounts Assistant 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Project Accounting - To support the project team regarding Contract management, Compliance, Payments, Reports and any other duties related to the Project Accounts. The PAA shall be expected to occasionally travel to project sites for job status reviews.
Performs a range of general clerical, accounting and bookkeeping support functions in the organization.
MAIN JOB TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- General accounts receivable functions
- Prepare and submit customer invoices
- Code, post and receipt payments
- Prepare and coordinate deposit activities
- Perform all necessary account, bank and other reconciliations
- Monitor customer accounts for non-payment and delayed payment
General accounts payable functions
- Check, verify and process invoices
- Prepare payments for signature
- Sort, code and enter accounts payable data
- Analyze discrepancies and invoices and Maintain vendor files
General payroll functions
- Collect, confirm and process time sheets and overtime
- Verify taxes and other deductions
- Prepare and distribute payroll checks
- Track employee vacations and time out
General support functions
- Update, verify and maintain accounting journals and ledgers and other financial records
- Assist in month end reporting procedures
- Find and use accounting data to resolve accounting problems and discrepancies
- Track and audit petty cash
- Assist with employee expense reports
- Perform filing and general administrative tasks
- Liaise with other departments/customers/vendors
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working as an accounts Assistant or bookkeeper.
- Associate training in business or accounting
- Diploma/Undergraduate degree in accounting, bookkeeping or equivalent training
- Proffessional qualification of CPA II will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting and bookkeeping principles and procedures
- knowledge and compliance with relevant agencies as KRA and financial regulations
- Experience in working on construction and Real estate industries is an added advantage
- Ability to utilize word processing, spreadsheet and accounting software systems.
- Key competencies are Communication, teamwork, initiative, and dependability.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrate Key competencies in Communication, teamwork, initiative, and dependability.
- Skilled in Planning organizing and analyzing
- Possess Personal Integrity, Problem-solving attitude and attention to detail with accuracy
- Be able to work over time, develop strong presentation skills and enhance technological skills.
- Resilient to regular Physical Demands of sitting for long periods of time and looking at a computer screen for extended periods
Vacancies in AccountingView and Apply
No featured Employer yet. Please check back later.