Public Service Commission
Public Service Commission 0 vacancies
Ensuring Fair and Impartial Treatment
- The Commission dates back to 1954 when Civil Service Commission was established by British Colonial Government following Holmes Commission Report, 1948;
- Civil Service Commission was advisory to the Governor in matters of appointments;
- At independence in 1963 it was enshrined in the constitution and renamed Public Service Commission;
- Independence Constitution had Regional PSC’s but abolished in 1964 following constitutional amendments;
- It is the oldest Constitutional Commission and its mandate has expanded over the years.
- The Commission then constituted of a chairman, a deputy chairman and fifteen members all appointed by the President.
- The Commission, since then, has handled matters of human resource management in the public service especially the civil service and local authorities.
- Constitution of Kenya, 2010 promulgated on 27th August 2010 reconstituted the Commission with a redefined and expanded mandate and a lean membership.
Company Size: 300 - 10000 (Large Organization)
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
No vacancies available